18. Live

The next day, all the group went to see Jin in the hospital. Since only one person was allowed to go in, they chose Namjoon. They went to the section and waited out of the room, looking at Jin's pale face from behind the window. Jimin said: he's lost weight... look how thin he seems...
Everybody got upset, but tried to smile and seem energic for Jin.
Namjoon said: I'm going in...

The nurse who was coming out of the room, pointed to her wrist as a sign of time. Namjoon noded and went in.
He looked at Jin again, but this time there was no glass behind them... he was in front of him, but so weak and tired... his shining eyes were now so gloomy and dark...
- why don't you come closer?
Namjoon trembled... his voice was very weak, he wasn't even able to speak well...

Tears fell down from Namjoon's eyes...
- Na...Namjoon?!!
- I'M SORRY!
He knelt next to the bed and cried. Jin said luaghing: why are you crying?!
Namjoon looked at him with wonder.
- you're really crazy!
He started to laugh again, while Namjoon was staring at his face...
Namjoon smiled, he got up and sat on the chair. Jin looked at the members outside of the room and said: yo!
Jhope called Namjoon, he answered and gave the phone to Jin. Jhope said: Jin, we... wanted to say we're-
- aaah~ stop it guys!
- but-
- I'm glad to see you all here...
Jhope started to cry... he said: please... don't give up!
- you guys... are... all just crybabies!
Tears were coming down from Jin's eyes...
Suga said: but you're crying too!
Jimin: hyung, Let's eat naengmyun when you're discharged! Okay?!
- Okay...
Tae: hyung! Keep fighting! We'll be waiting for you!
Jungkook was the last one who took the phone. He said: if anything happens to you... I will never forgive myself!
Jin: Jungkook...
- I'm sorry... I'm so sorry and I can't even apologize in the right way... if anything happens to you...
- don't blame yourself... I'm not mad at you, I'm happy... happy to see you here for me... I don't deserve this much love from you guys...
- of course you do!! Never say that again! Just... just try to stay strong! Get well and come back to BTS!
- thank you... all of you...
They wiped away their tears and smiled to Jin. Then the nurse came and said: you guys are making the section so crowdy. If you're done, please leave.

They said their goodbyes to Jin and went out. Now there was only Namjoom beside Jin...
Namjoon said: can you promise me something?
- what?
- promise... that you won't give up on this... that you'll make it!
Jin looked at the floor and said: you think I'm the one who decides to live or not?
- then who is it?! I want you to live! If you don't, I won't live too!
- NEVER SAY IT AGAIN!
Namjoon was surprised!
- never say it again... I don't want it!
Jin was crying again...
Namjoon: I... I didn't want to upset you...
- I know... but Namjoon... you must promise me too...
- what?
- that if I couldn't make it, you don't give up too!
- Jin!
- you have dreams, you have goals you should get... don't stop because of me... will you promise me?
- I... I promise...
Namjoon took Jin's hands and cried...
Jin smiled and said: thank you...
Namjoon was still crying... his tears didn't want to stop coming down...

Suddenly, Jin started to sing something...
"Smile a bit sweety... I want it from you... May peace... and health be... always with you..."
Tears fell down from his eyes... Namjoon said: what a beautiful song...
- will I... get well?
- Jin, please!
- will I be able... to live like before again?
- you will! I'm sure you will! Please Jin...

Namjoon hugged Jin! Jin was surprised... he continued: please stop it... I'm here for you... will you... stay for a little longer for me? Will you do it for me?!
- I... I-
- say it! I want to hear it from you!
- I'll... stay strong Namjoon... you have my word!
Namjoon looked at him and said: thank you...

Two days later, Jin was ready for the surgery...
Before going to the surgery room, the members gave him hope...
Tae: we'll be waiting here.
Jhope: you'll make it!
Suga: right, don't lose your hope.
Jungkook: you're our gladiator! And we all believe you win!
Jimin: yeah! See you!
Namjoon: We'll be there for you. Never forget it.
Jin said as his last words: I won't... thank you guys... I'm going to defeat it!

Then, Jin entered the surgery room...