Chapter One

Diana's POV

"Diana, Diana!"

There... she goes again. To make it easy, I have an intercom placed in my room downstairs in order for me to hear clearly whatever command is given for me to do.

I have never given a change to express my opinions or say "no" for an answer. It's not even 6am yet and there goes my name on the intercom.

I woke up still feeling tired, I'm always the last person to go to sleep and the first one to wake up every morning. That's my daily routine and it has become a part of my life for almost 10 years.

Living with the Parker's was not as easy as I thought. Well apparently I'm one of them through adoption...

Of course I am Ms. Diana Parker. My real parents( Mark and Linda Peterson) died years ago when I was only 6 months old, literally a baby.
Sad thing is, I never knew them in person but  I have only one photograph of them together. That was all I had, the only memory I kept of them...

I guess I got my mum's strawberry blond hair and fair skin. I looked more like her than my dad. They look happy and alive in the picture, that sometimes I wonder whether they're watching me from above.

My foster mum, dad and the twin all lived upstairs while I was the only person living downstairs next to the servants chamber...

I lived in a mansion, it had five bedrooms including a master bedroom, with seven bathrooms, a sitting room with a fire place and a large living room.
The kitchen area was large and had a separated area for food storage.
The ceiling was high and painted creamy white, the floors were made of marble. The walls were painted creamy yellow.

The spiral stair's was made of ceramic tiles covered with red carpet and the house was decorated with valuable paintings, portraits and artifacts. Outside the mansion, there was a fine round pool, a barbecue place and a mini bar.

And at the backyard, there was a fine rose garden full of colorful roses. There were red, white, pink, yellow and purplish pink roses all planted creatively making the shape of a heart.
And the view of it looked so beautiful more like a fairytale storybook.

Everyone that came here to the mansion, never fail to have a gleams of the rose garden. It was magnificent and more like a world of it's own. I normally find peace when I stare at those roses.

Sometimes I wonder why fate was being cruel to take my parent's away...? Well, there's nothing I can do about it, I have to accept my fate and move on with life living with my cruel foster family.

Sometimes I wonder why didn't someone else with a good heart adopt me...? Why did the nuns let Mary Parker to take me...? Is it because of money or something else...?

Well to be honest, my foster mum especially is a very good pretender. "Wolf in sheep's clothing".
My foster dad Tony is a normal person and I don't find it difficult to get along with him. I miss him when he's not around.

"Diana!"

"Oh my... I better go..."

Hearing my name the third time on the intercom is "trouble".
It was Meera calling from up stairs. Meera is my sister, the elder twin, a real devil in the house.
Her twin sister Sheba is not a very normal person. She has bipolar depression , a certain mental illness that causes her moods to change from time to time.

As usual Meera wanted me to make her pancakes with strawberry syrup for breakfast. Sheba wanted French toast with egg omelet. And mother wants avocado salad and lemon juice.

We have a cook called Jon and a maid called Rita. The only time they took responsibility is when I'm not around and that is the law mother implies.

My foster Dad Tony is usually not around because he does alot of business traveling.
And he is the only person in the house that doesn't give me orders. He's the best foster dad I could ever wish for. I love him truly.

After all they are my foster family. As long as I have a roof over my head matters most. For once, I did not complain but accept whatever challenges that occurred each day of my life.

I was given a silver rosarie(cross)necklace from the nuns who took care of me at the orphanage centre at San Diego, as a gift. I always wear my necklace and took it with me wherever I go.

The only thing that kept me going was my faith in God. I believed that oneday good things will happen and I must never give up.

Writer's Note

Please take note, this is a fiction story and my first time to be a writer on wattpad...

Please read and vote or comment if you find the story interesting. ❤

Cheers
Enno991