Chapter Fifteen

Diana's POV

" I'm calling to inform you that your father has been shot, early hours in the morning...."

That sentence kept on ringing in my head...
I can't believe what I just heard. Mr. Walsh must be thinking that I'm crazy or something...because I didn't even pay attention to what he just said.

I dropped my phone on the carpet and sat down next to it, over hearing what the attorney was saying on the other line.

" Diana... Diana... are you listening to me...? You will flying over here tomorrow morning... I know it's hard for you to take but please be strong for your family at this sorrowful time..." the attorney stated plainly.

" Family... what family...? I haven't got any family now attorney...?"

I replied flatly without touching the phone...

" Diana, I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do... you must be here tomorrow..."

the attorney said softly in a defeated tone...

"See yah then..." said the attorney. With that the phone went off...

Oh daddy.... not my daddy... the only person that lightens my world.... ohhh daddy... pls come back daddy... come back to me... I'm gonna miss you daddy...

" Why Lord... why my father...? My mum's gone and now my father...?"

I whispered to myself and got up and ran out of the dorm... I ran as fast as I can, not knowing where I was going...

A strong hand grabbed me near the park in the dark... I screamed and gasped for air. It was Stephen... how did he knew I was the one running...?

" Diana, Diana...please calm down...easy... easy Diana..."

he pleaded while holding me tight. 

"Stephen... oh Ste...Stephen... its...its my dad... Stephen, someone shot my dad..."

I said while gasping for air and fighting him to break free...

" Let me go Stephen, let me go..." I said with tears in my eyes...

" I'm not gonna let you go Diana".

He stated fiercely and lifted me up. He carried me all the way while I was holding on to him with my face buried on his chest, crying... We headed for Ms. Smith's cottage.

" Ms. Smith...!" Stephen called out loud near the front of her doorstep...

The door swung open and Ms. Smith walked out towards us. She looked confused and shocked...

" Ms. Smith, Diana nearly ran out of the school campus and I caught her... something happened to her dad, please let's take her in..."

Stephen pleaded.

" Sure... please come in, lay her on the sofa..."

Anna replied concernly.

I was so weak to speak, my mind was spinning like a fiery wheel...

" Diana... baby... please rest. Calm down, everything will be okay..."

Ms. Smith said softly while caressing my hair...

"Dad... Dad...!"

I screamed as I tried to get hold of him, he seems to be drifting far away from me...