Chapter Nine

" Extraordinary people survive under the most terrible circumstances and they become more extraordinary because of it."

                      Robertson Davies

After three months...

Diana's POV

It's been three months, and I haven't received any calls from my foster family. I'm still wondering if they are going to come visit me...

It's been a while and I'm starting to fear if they might remove me totally out of the family or something else, something serious might have happened and I wouldn't know...

I bought, a new phone, a macbook, some text books and some proper clothes for classes from the money my foster dad gave me.
All my money ran out and I really need help.

Atleast a small allowance every month to keep me going would be best, since my family is quite rich.

Sometimes I wonder, if it's my foster wicked mum taking control because dad was a frequent traveler.
I mean who knows, all these might be her doing.

I tried everyday to call them but my calls are being forwarded to a unknown voice call.
Two weeks ago, I started to help in the school mess as a cleaner just to earn fifty dollars at the end of every week for my personal needs.

Ms. Smith the school chef and the mess dean seem to be a good woman, and we get along very well.
Despite having tonnes of assignments and homework, I'm always on time to do my duties in the mess and that made her happy and she was a constant support to me.

I tried all my best to avoid everyone including my dorm mates, because I could sense they are talking behind my back around the campus.
No one seems to be minding their own business these days.

I don't want to act like a sorry child or a loser. I have to keep up my standards even when I'm going through rough seas.

One fine afternoon after class I was having my white tuna sandwich at the basketball court when I saw Stephen...and he was heading my way.

I stood up when he called my name aloud..."Diana!, please don't go... just stay there".
As he ran over to where I was.

"What Stephen?"

He came and took the other sit next to me...
"Diana, why didn't I see you around campus since we are both here...? He said so quickly and looked away.

"Really are you asking me that question right now...?" I responded sarcastically.

"Yes". He answered simply.

"I missed seeing you around Diana. I was trying to get hold of you but you seem to be taking different directions". He stated quickly once again.

"Hahaha" I gave a loud laugh that made him shook a bit.

" Stephen, Stephen I'm sorry to startle you. I don't see why my presence is-..."

"I.... I like you, Diana..." he said softly and  interrupting me.

" Stephen what did you just say?" I replied with a surprise expression.

"Diana... you don't understand, do you?"
He responded with those dreamy blue eyes.

"Last time we chatted was on the plane. I know you always thought I'm a bad person, but you never tried getting to know me". He stated flatly.

" Can we be friends?" He added again.

I felt a slight blush and quickly looked away. "Stephen I don't want us to be seen together. You have a girlfriend and I don't want us to be seen together in public places like this". I repeated myself sternly.

"Oh I see". He added quickly.
" You thought Mitchell was my girlfriend?"
He said softly.

" Yes I meant that girl with the short brown hair. I saw her leaning on you inside the airport at New Jersey?" I answered quickly.

Suddenly he started laughing and said.
"Diana, she's not my girlfriend, she's my best friend. You must have took it the wrong way.

"Are you serious?" I added quickly

"Yes, I am". He responded.

" I'll bring her over to you and you'll meet her... she's a cool person, Diana..." he said quickly...

"Well then, let's do a proper introduction as friends..." I said while smiling briefly.

"Let me begin, I'm Diana Parker from New Jersey, it's a pleasure meeting you my friend ". I stated with a formal smile.

" I'm Stephen Luke Davis, it's nice meeting you Diana". He replied with warm smile.

From there, we both started chatting about life, death and our families. He was really cool and very friendly. 

I misjudge him at the first place. Now I can see that he's different. He's not like some other rich kids. He's more matured and well mannered.

Writers Note

Hi everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the story. I'm trying my best to write the conversation part between these two characters, so please bear with me.

I'm trying my best to be a good writer, hope I please all my readers with my writing talents...hehe

For that, thankyou all and please vote below. You all have a awesome day today.❤

Thanks
Enno991