Chapter Six

One year later...

Diana's POV

Finally I completed my year 12 and won a scholarship to study business administration at Harvard University. During my graduation ceremony at school, dad attended but mum was no where to be seen.

When I asked dad he said, mum was feeling abit sick. I knew it was a lie but didn't dwell on it. Dad congratulated me and threw a suprise party in honoring my achievement. That was the first time someone would throw a party in my name.

There were different types of delicious hand picked dishes cooked by a professional chef hired by dad.
Alot of guest were invited. Some were dad and mums business colleagues. Amy and Paul were invited, as well as Meera's girlfriends

I didn't mind whoever was invited, as long as everyone was here to show their support and celebrate on my day. The party went very well and  everyone enjoyed.

My foster dad made a speech that touched my heart. I was speechless and in tears as I watched him.

Mr. Parker's POV

I was very proud of Diana's achievement. She was a very hardworking girl in the family and she never doubted herself. She deserves it.

As I was about to make a toast on her day, I was thinking about how proud her mum would be if she was alive to witness this.

Her mum was my first love and Diana was my biological daughter. She got my green eyes and my brilliant brain. I loved her so much as I have loved her mum.

I knew that Mary never treated her right and I didn't want to show my emotions related to that. I always pray for her silently and I know she is strong.

When the time is right, I'll tell her the truth.
I hit my glass lightly with a teaspoon to get eveyones attention for a toast...

"Today my daughter Diana has made me a proud dad."

I paused to look for her... She was standing with her friends and turned around to see me.

"Diana please come, make way for her..."

As she walked through the guests towards me. I hugged her and everyone clapped and cheered.

" Diana"... as I continued.

"Today is your special day, a day which you have proved to this family your profitability by winning a scholarship to Harvard University."

There were cheering and whistling while I spoke...

" We want you to know that we will support you through your further education. Be true to yourself and be most importantly be yourself my daughter. With that May God continue on to bestow His blessings upon you."

Diana wept uncontrollably and hugged me very tightly. She whispered,

" Thankyou dad, and thankyou all for your support, may you all enjoy the party"

As everyone cheered, again she hugged me and said,

"Thankyou dad..."

Meera's POV

I wasn't impressed at all... Why was everyone happy for her? I watched as all of dad's business colleagues shook hands with her like she was some kind of a special human being or something.

As far as I'm concern, I'm so happy that finally that devil wouldn't be living in this house anymore. She would be gone and Sheba and I would not have to see her around.
So long as we can keep the house to ourselves and also our friends as well.

Diana's POV

I'm going to miss Paul and Amy so much. Paul has been selected to Yale University to study education while Amy has been selected to Princeton University to study arts.

That night we cried by the pool side and told story's with our never ending jokes. We did a sleep over the next weekend at Amy's house, while her parents were away at Bali.

Amy, Paul and I spent most of the remaining holiday weeks together. We did hiking, eye shopping in those big malls, attended cinemas and sleep over weekends.

It was indeed the best Christmas holiday ever and I'm going to miss my two best buddies. We planned on meeting every Christmas as possible or on semester breaks.

Meera was doing her matriculation, upgrading her marks at the Institute of business studies here at New Jersey.
She was my senior, a year ahead of me.

Sheba has a private tutor teaching her sometimes here at home, because of her mental illness and I will be leaving this house in two weeks time. I can't wait to see Harvard University.

Harvard University is a private research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts and also one of the oldest institution of higher learning here in the Unites States.

All my institutional fees will be payed by the government, the education department, because I scored a very high GPA in the country as a whole.

The last night, before I left for boston, I had a dream...

I saw my mum, she was actually floating like an angel. She smiled and hugged me tightly...
"Diana..." she said.
"I'm so proud of you my baby... but please don't get too excited. Be careful and be prepared always to face all challenges in life... I love you baby, I never got to tell you that when I left earth. Be careful Diana,  be careful.  I will always be here to protect you my child".

With that I opened my eyes, it was already 5.00am in the morning. I quickly showered and carefully packed my luggage. I packed only a few stuff that was needed.

I couldn't stop thinking over and over again about my dream. I made myself a cup of coffee and pancakes, while waiting for my foster parent's to get ready.

Today was my time to start a new journey at Havard University.

Writer's POV

Hi readers...

Hope you all are enjoying my story. Please vote and comment below...

Remember, this is a fiction story made from my own imagination. Please follow me for more great stories to come.

Cheers
Enno991