Chapter Ten

Ms. Smith's POV

"I must be mistaken or am I right?" As I thought about Ms. Parker (Diana).
She looked exactly like my long time best friend Linda Stewart.
And with that surname "Parker", she reminded me of Tony Parker, Linda's colledge sweetheart.

It's nearly two month's since Diana started helping me out here in the common dining room and the cafeteria as well.

She's such a sweet young well mannered lady that I loved to keep her around me.

Linda and I were colledge best friend when we started our freshman year here at Harvard in 1996. I've never heard of her for a very long time.

The last time she send me a postcard from San Diego was 18 years ago and after that she dissapeared from the earth.

I would never forget her as my sister friend, because she was someone with the heart of gold. One of my most golden memories of her was when she saved me from drowning in the pool, otherwise I should have died because I wasn't able to swim.

I live alone inside Harvard staff campus in a small two bedroom cottage, surrounded by a large rose garden. My cottage was made of stone bricks and had a red roof.

Tonight I decided to invite Diana for dinner. So that we could tell some good old tales and try to get to know each other.

"If truly she was Linda's daughter, it would be an honor to meet her"...

Diana's POV

As I was on my way to my dormitory,  I met Ms. Smith on the pathway. She greeted me and told me that she wanted to have dinner with me tonight around 7pm at her resident.

I accepted her offer and made my way to my room.
I completed some of my assignments and when the time was 6.30pm, I took a fresh shower and got changed.
I wore my favorite blue denim Jean's, with a cropped maroon top and my white old snicker's.

I made my way to Ms. Smith's place. From a far I could smell the fine savory dinner she was preparing.
I knocked at her door just once and she opened up.

"Hello Diana, please come in".

She said with a lovely smile.

" Please come sit here at the dinning table. Dinner will be served in two minutes time". She stated as she made her way to the kitchen.

" Thankyou Ms. Smith." I replied quietly.

Her home was very comfy and homey as it appeared. It was decorated with photo frames, flower pots and other valuable souvenirs.

The dining table was set for four, a small living room and a comfortable long couch facing her small flat screen TV.
There was a small fire place crowded with books.

After dinner was set at the table, she offered a word of prayer and then we started serving.

She was a terrific cook. The food looked really delicious. There was roasted rosemary lamb, garlic bread, shepherd pie, steamed vegetables, mushroom gravy and a perfect Italian salad on the table.

"Diana help yourself please".

She said with a smile.

I filled up my plate with all the different dishes set out on the table. The food was delicious as I dugged my knife and fork into it.

She was enjoying her food as well. After the main dish, she brought in the dessert. There was a fresh baked upside down pineapple cake served with pineapple flavoured ice cream.
It was one of the best desserts I've ever had.

Ms. Smith's POV

Diana helped me to clean up, while I took out two of my private photo albums which contains pictures of her mum Linda and other colledge days adventures we had.

As she made her way to the living room, I signal her to come.

" Diana please come sit with me, I'm not gonna take much of your time. I have something to show you".

I spoke cautiously.

" Yes, Ms. Smith.  What is it now?"

She responded gently as she made her way to me.

" Diana here are some old memorable photographs of my best friend and our colledge days. You might want to see them".

As she took the album gently from my hands and flip through the first page... She suddenly stopped and looked at me.

"Ms. Smith, this woman standing next to you is my biological mum. She passed away when I was only six months old..."

She said and gave me a surprised look.

I was literally happy to hear that, my guess came true... she was Linda's daughter.
I took the album from her hands and told her...

" Diana, your mum and I were very best of friends. I'm afraid you must go, its getting late now my dear."

I said softly...

" Ok Ms. Smith. Thankyou for everything and see you then. It's good to know that your a friend of my late mum".

She replied with a warm smile.

" By the way Ms. Smith. Whenever I'm free, please allow me to see through the albums you have. I have only two photograph of my mum. And I've never known her for real ".

She said with teary eyes.

"Okay Diana. Maybe this weekend will do. When you are free please come and we spend some time going through the albums".

I replied and hugged her.

It was already 9.00pm and I didn't want to waste her time. She has studies to do so I had to let her go.

Now I know that she was Linda's daughter.

Writers Note

Hey you guys...!

Hope you all are enjoying the story. Got more for you guys...
Please vote and comment below between it's my first time to write a story...

Cheers😍
Enno991