Chapter Eighteen

" Fear has two meanings... Forget Everything And Run Or Face Everything And Rise"

                       Anonymous Quotes

Diana's POV

There was only one thing on my mind, and that's the rose garden.
Dad told me to look at the red roses... a clue might be there.
One fine Sunday afternoon, there was no one at home. The house was silent.

I was the only one and I had to think and act fast.
I quickly checked upstairs, the kitchen and the pool area. All places were empty.

I switched on my cell phone, and sent a short text to Stephen...

"Stephen love, please come see me here at home. I have something for you. Come exactly after twenty minutes time... urgent!"

After that, I made my way out to the backyard where the rose garden was.

I pretended to hold a rake and a garden fork and acted like I wanted to clean up the place.
As I drew near the red roses, I started to rake and pick on the small weeds.

I quickly digged around the beds and that's when I saw something sticking out from the ground...... there was a small black handle made from rope.

I quickly hid it with leaves and stood up again to see if any one noticed me. There was actually no one there.

I gave a hard pull on the handle and the ground parted, there was a wooden covering where the red roses were planted on.
Underneath, was a patrol box. I quickly grabbed it, and closed the opening.

There was no harm to the roses, it all looked the same like nothing happened, because the red roses were planted on top of the covering that hid the box underneath.

I quickly took the patrol box into my room. There was still no one around.
Suddenly my phone vibrated... it was Stephen.

I answered and told him to come and pick up the patrol box. I felt that it wasn't safe here with me.

Stephen came, and I quickly hand over the box to him. He took it and drove off. I told him that I would find time to go over his house and check what's in the patrol box.

For now I told him to hide it away somewhere safe. He was someone I trusted. I made my way inside and had a quick shower and pretended to do some cleaning up.

Tonight's dinner, I baked a whole salmon fish with olive oil, salt, black pepper, lemon, and garlic.
And made creamed ball white rice with a simple french salad.

As I settled everything on the table,  my stepmom and Meera with that tattooed dude walked in and sat around the dinner table.

That tattooed man couldn't stop staring at me, as I lined up the plates in front of them...
My stepmom saw it and gave an ugly grin...

"Diana... you look so lightened tonight, is there something you want  to share with all of us...?"

My stepmom asked sarcastically.

" No, mother... I'm just doing my duty as you always want me to..."

I replied carefully looking straight at her.

"Fine then, what an amazing dinner you cooked... I missed salmon so much".

Mother said, while deeping the fork into it.

Suddenly Meera gave me that weird, fake smile as she clapped her hands together and said.

"Mother, I thought I saw someone like Stephen driving in our driveway today. He must be here for some reason..." she added quickly with a satisfying grin on her face.

" Why would someone like Stephen Davis, a son of a billionaire be doing here if it's not for you?".

Mother said with a questionable expression on her face.

I sat silently and watched both of them awkwardly.

"Well mother, ask Diana...? She was the one behind my breakup with Stephen..."

She stated with gritted teeth.

"Those are small matters Meera. I've already had a word with The Davis for an arranged marriage for Stephen and you. For now, leave the poor girl alone. She has no one to run to. She will be cleaning for the rest of her life, because that's all she good at doing".

Mother stated with authority in her voice. She seemed to be enjoying the conversation with her daughter.

I didn't flinch for once. I was actually enjoying my dinner. And when I turned my head towards the tattooed man, he didn't touch his plate at all. He was staring at me with those cold hazel eyes.

After dinner, I finished cleaning up and was walking towards my room, when I saw the same dude standing at my doorway and grinning wickedly at me...

I tried to run but he took long steps towards me and grabbed me by my hair and pulled me towards him, our faces were close tightly as I gave a loud scream, he covered my mouth roughly with his hands and shut me up...

"Shhhh... shhhh shut up you slut...!" He whispered loudly while I cried and tried to break free.

"Pleasssee, please don't hurt me please..." I begged and wailed silently.

"I just want to feel you, you are so fresh and beautiful..." he said softly while his hands caressed my skin, trying to feel every inch of me.
He was sniffing my neck and hair while holding me firmly.
When his hands came to my mouth, I bit his fingers so hard and stomped on his right foot. He screamed and collapsed losing his grip on me.

I ran as fast as I could heading towards the main door. Once I opened the door, mother was standing outside, looking fiercely at me. She gave me an hot slap that stinged my face...

"Where do you think you're going?"

She said in a hard tone.

I rubbed my painful red cheeks and stepped back, not removing my gaze from her.

" Mum it's tha... that tattooed guy... he attacked me again mother. He's trying to do something nasty to me..."

I said while crying out as much as I can.

"You nasty child! Are you trying to accuse my Apollo for no good reason...? You were the one who seduced him during dinner. Stop pretending Diana! You are worse than your mother..."

She shouted at me with madness in her eye.

" Now go to your room this once and stop acting like a lunatic..."

She stated firmly.

Writer's Note

Hi guys...

Hope you are all enjoying the story...
Please vote and comment below for more stories to come.
I think I'm starting to like the story myself. Lol!

Come on, let's do something fun!

We should name some good actors and actresses who can act on the characters of this story.

Please comment and share some ideas on that. I'd love it.

Thanks all again!

Cheers
Enno991