Never happened...? - Kokichi x Shuichi

Non-Despair AU

Kokichi's POV
I was laying in bed with my Rantaro wax figure. I know it sounds weird but it's for a prank that I'm doing on Shuichi, my boyfriend. I'm pranking him that I cheated on him with Rantaro. This is going to be fun.

      Shuichi should be back any minute now. When he comes I , it should look like I just slept with Rantaro. Of course I wouldn't actually do it. I love my beloved. We've been together for 2 years.

      I suddenly heard the downstairs door open and close. We've lived together for 1 and a half years. He's here! I can't wait for his reaction!

      The door opened. "Babe! I'm home!" I heard Shuichi call out. I heard him coming up the stairs. The door to our room opened and I heard "K-Kokichi...?" I quickly got up and painted a surprised and panicked expression on my face. "K-Kokichi... why? We've been together for 2 years." Shuichi sniffled. "Sh-Shuichi it's not what you think." I said, pretending to stutter.

"No. I think this is exactly what it looks like that." He said and was now crying. He walked out of the room. 'Shit. I gotta explain to him fast.' I thought. I quickly got up out of bed, pushing the Rantaro wax figure out of the bed and onto the floor. I ran after Shuichi and stopped him in the living room.

"Shuichi! I promise it's not what it looks like!" I said. "Well I don't even know if I can trust you anymore. Or why I did in the first place. You are a liar, after all." Shuichi said, not even turning to look at me. "Please just let me explain!" I desperately said. "No Kokichi. Why would you need to explain something I've seen with my eyes. You slept with Rantaro and cheated on me. Thats the end of it. Now let me go." He said and was still crying but trying to be calm.

"No! I won't! Not until you listen to me!" I yelled. "No! I won't listen! You've already hurt me enough! God. I wish I never dated you! Or even met you!" Shuichi yelled and finally turned around and glared at me with an anger I've never seen from him before. "Y-You... What...?" I was shocked at what he said. My eyes started tearing up. 'God. Don't start crying. You'll look weak.' My brain told me.

"You heard me!" Shuichi yelled. He yanked his arm free from my hand and ran out the door, slamming it closed on his way out. "N-No. I lost Shuichi... and it's all my fault..." I whispered to myself. The next minute, when I fully processed everything, I was on the floor sobbing. My only thoughts were 'I did this.' and 'everything's my fault.' and 'I never deserved him in the first place.'

The day went by very slowly. I tried to text and call Shuichi but he blocked me. I got a few text from my 'friends' Maki, Kaito, Kaede, Himiko,and Tenko. They all hated me and said I don't deserve Shuichi and they knew I was no good for him. Maki even wished death on me, but in my case, being alive and living with what I had done is worse than death.

When it was night time, I couldn't sleep. So I decided to run to the store and get some sleeping pills. When I got to the store, I saw Shuichi at the same section but when he saw me, he quickly ran out of the store not buying anything. I got the pills and when back home. I when I got home, I got a glass of water, the two pills and swallowed them. When I got to bed, I got comfortable and next thing I know, I was out like a light.

~the next day~

When I woke up, I got out of bed and went to the kitchen. Since I can't cook for the life of me, I went to the store and got some instant noodles. Shuichi always made us breakfast. While I was at the store, I saw Shuichi, Maki and Kaito. Even though I might get killed by Maki, I still decided to go up to them. I had to talk to Shuichi.

      "Shuichi. Can you please let me explain? And don't run off like you did yesterday." I said. When I said that, he turned to look at me with a confused expression. "Sorry, do I know you? And how do you know my name?" Shuichi asked. "Who are you." Maki growled. "Hey! My sidekick sai he doesn't know you!" Kaito spoke up. "Oh. So now you're just going to pretend you never met me huh? Like you said. You wished we never met and so now you're acting like you don't know me." I said.

       "I'm sorry but I don't remember saying something like that to you." Shuichi laughed nervously. "Shuichi don't play dumb." I glared and my eyes started tearing up at the thought he actually didn't remember me. Not even Maki and Kaito remembered me.

      "Babe! Where are you?!" I heard Kaede's voice. "Oh Kaede is here too?" I asked. "How do you know my girlfriend?" Shuichi asked. My eyes widened at the word 'girlfriend'. "Oh there you are babe." Kaede came behind me and walked over to Shuichi. Then she kissed his check. Kaede kissed Shuichi's cheek.

      Then she looked at me and said "Babe, is this one of your friends? Well nice to meet you. I'm Kaede Akamastu, the Ultimate Piantist and Shuichi's girlfriend." She reintroduced herself. "No he's not. I don't even know him." Shuichi replied. I had to play it off. "Looks like I got the wrong person! Whoopsies! Well I'm Kokichi Ouma! The Ultimate Supreme Leader!" I said loudly and blinked my tears away.

      "It's fine! I'm Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective." Shuichi introduced himself to me. "Well you're definitely not the person I was looking for!"i laughed. "Maki Harukawa, ultimate child care giver." Maki said. "I'm luminary of the stars, Kaito Momota, the Ultimate Astronaut!" Kaito smiled. "Um. Kokichi. I don't really understand your ultimate talent." Kaede said. "Well I'm the supreme leader of an evil secret organization with over 10,000 members!" I said. "I feel like I've heard that before..." I heard Shuichi mumble.

      "Well I've got to get going! Cant leave my subordinates alone for too long or they'll cause a lot of trouble for everyone!" I smiled and ran away. "Why doesn't he remember me? How did they all forget me?" I mumbled to myself. I must've picked up a few habits from him because I don't usually do this.

      I felt cold, wet tears slide down my face while I was running home. When I got in the house, the only  thing that filled my thoughts was memories I had with Shuichi.

'Dammit! And to think all this happened because of a stupid prank! I lost the one I loved the most because of a stupid, STUPID prank I did.' I continued sobbing on the floor. I remember I didn't get what I was looking for because of the encounter with Shuichi and the others. I decided to just skip breakfast. I don't wanna go back there to see Shuichi with Kaede.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1234 words