Love me, Love me not - Kaede x Maki

Virtual killing game AU

Maki's POV
I was walking home from college when I heard a voice behind me. "Hey, Maki! Wait for me!" It was Kaede Akamatsu, one of my best friends. I stopped and waited for her to catch up. "Hi Kaede." I greeted her.

Kaede grabbed my hand and started pulling me to walk with her. "Wha-! Hey! What are you doing?!" I was red.

I have a huge crush on Kaede. I've had a crush on her ever since after the killing game. It turns out my feeling for Kaito were just fictional, and so were his, so we agreed to just be friends. I got to know Kaede more after the game.

"I'm walking!" She looked back at me and smiled at me. Then she intertwined her fingers with mine.

I'm not blind or dense. Kaede is definitely a lesbian. She always flirts with me. And I would think she had a crush on me, if it was literally any other person. Kaede flirts with all the girls in class and intentional or not, she still does it. Like holding hands, grabbing them by their waist when they almost fall or something, and gives compliments like "You have a sexy aura about you!" and "I think you're cute!". The compliments are mostly to Tenko and Tsumugi. I obviously didn't like it but she's allowed to do what she wants. It's not like we're in a relationship.

I relaxed a little and walked side by side with her. "So where would you like to go?" Kaede asked me. "I dunno. I was just going to my house right now." I replied.

"Great! Let's go!" She replied. We walked to my house. When we got to my house, we decided to watch a movie.

In the middle of the movie, I had to go to the bathroom. "Kaede, I'll be back. I have to go to the bathroom." I said and got off the couch.

When I got back in the living room, I heard Kaede muttering "Does she love me? Or maybe she doesn't love me..." "Kaede? Who are you talking about?" I asked. She jumped when I said something.

"H-Huh?! When did you get back?! How much did you hear?!" She asked in a panic. "Oh, I guess I'm just used to walking around quietly as an assassin. And I didn't hear much. Why?" I answered. "No reason!" She smiled. I sat down next to her.

I know that she was talking about someone (it's really really obvious) and I blushed a little think about if she was talking about me. But I brushed that thought aside. Who would have a crush on a murderer?

After a little bit more into the movie, Kaede said "Maki, can I play with your hair?" I got a little red. "S-Sure." I replied.

Kaede's face lit up and she took the scrunchies out of my hair. "Wow! I don't think I've ever seen you with your hair down. You look so cute! You should have it down more often!" Kaede said. That made me blush more.

"Mhm" was all I said. She brushed through my hair with her fingers and started braiding my hair.

It was 10 pm when she had to go home. Before she left, she said "You should have braids for your hair style tomorrow! Bye!" "Maybe. Bye." I replied.

Since it was late, I undid my hair, changed and went to sleep.

                              ~the next day~

I woke and got ready. I decided to put my hair in braids like Kaede suggested yesterday. After I finally finished getting ready, I left to college.

When I got there, people were staring at me. 'Probably my hair.' I thought. I was well known for participating in the 53rd season of Danganronpa, as well as everyone else in the game. I Went to my first class, which I have with Kaede, Shuichi, and Kaito.