Soju

Hwang Ji Sung was teasing her during the entire ride to Jin Ah's place.

"This has progressed quite quickly, Jin Ah. I am flattered!"

"Hush! You said you needed a private place to tell me story," she deflected.

"Hold on. Are we no longer pretending? Are we already dating? Have you given me a love potion and I've fallen for you?" He continued to tease.

"Stop! You're so annoying," she protested, pouting and staring out the window.

Ji Sung parked and once the engine was off, coaxed her to look at him. "Hey. Sorry. I'm kidding."

She still frowned at him

"Stop looking so adorable," he said, intently staring at her face. "I'll stop teasing you."

"Good."

"But did you?"

"Did I what?" She was getting distracted with him holding her this close, hands rubbing her arms.

"Give me a love potion? Or are you giving me one tonight?"

"I hate you."

He laughed out loud. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Friends?"

She nodded.

They went up a few floors. Her apartment was spacious although a bit rundown, with the couch welcoming him at the entrance, the dining table and kitchen off to the opposite side and the bedroom at the farthest end.

"Have a seat," Jin Ah said motioning to the couch and proceeded to move the coffee table closer. "Let me just get the drinks."

She gathered the items they needed — a few bottles of soju, glasses and some chips, then rejoined him in the living area. There, she found him leaning back against the wall, his long legs extended and almost reaching the TV console, eyes closed.

Putting the tray down, she sat and stared at his profile. "He sleeps." Scooting closer, she stared at his face again. "You're such a handsome man, Min Tae Gu."

To her horror, she saw a dimple appear.

"You're awake!"

He chuckled. "Yes. I was just resting my eyes a little. I had a long day, you know?"

"Omo!" She was about to stand up to put more distance between them but he held her hand and stopped her.

"Let's drink?"

Hesitantly, she nodded. "You're such a jerk. Pretending to be asleep. Tsk!"

"I didn't pretend. You assumed," he pointed out. He took one bottle, twisted the cap and poured a shot for them. Raising his glass, he offered the toast to "Our fantastic collaboration and huge sales."

"Cheers!"

Once glasses were refilled, he cleared his throat. "I guess the next part is about Kim Ryeo-won, huh?"

She nodded. "Someone very important to you?"

"Used to. We were together while I was in London."

"And?"

Hwang Ji Sung sat back, eyes seemed to glaze as he recalled to that time. "We met at the train station. She just arrived in London and was trying to find her way around. She was quite confused with the tickets and kept cursing at the machine in Korean."