Date Night

Note: Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay. I had some personal matters to take care of. =)

---

They sat in comfortable silence in a cafe, both busy with their respective books. This was one of the things Jin Ah liked about being with Ji Sung. They could have conversations that would start in the morning and go well into the night, but there were days like today when they could just sit together, doing each other's thing, and still end up feeling like they had the most fulfilling conversation.

When she finished a chapter, she looked up to gaze at him. His head tilted down, still engrossed in his book, the light from the window highlighting the strong planes of his beautiful face. She couldn't help but sigh.

"You're staring, Jin-ssi," he whispered, not taking his eyes off his book.

"I'm not."

He smirked.

She turned back to her book before saying, "I just think your girlfriend is a very lucky lady."

Ji Sung chuckled. "I'm the lucky one. She's a great catch."

Jin Ah blushed then replied, "If you guys ever break up, let me know."

Catching each other's eye, they laughed. Putting down his book, he asked, "Did you have guys introduce themselves to you randomly?"

"A few," she admitted.

"And? You didn't find anyone interesting?"

"There was one that was quite cute. He bought coffee then handed me the cup. It had his name and number on it," she told him.

"Oh goodness, please tell me you didn't drink it?"

"Of course not, but I kept his number for awhile. Never got around to sending him a message," she shared. "And you? Have you tried to pick up women randomly?"

Ji Sung blushed. "Yes. I never did that leave your number then exit though. I stuck around in case she was interested. Eventually, I just came up to introduce myself."

"I bet you got very few rejections," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Actually, there were a LOT," he told her. "Some were like you, who disliked my excess amounts of confidence. There were a few who already had boyfriends or husbands."

Jin Ah laughed at that. "You didn't even check for a ring?"

He was suddenly shy. "It wasn't that apparent from where I stood at the time. In my defense, I don't purposely go seeking out married women."

"Good to hear," she said."I'm curious though..."

He looked at her waiting for her to continue.

"If you were to try a pick up line on me, what would it be?"

He smiled. Thinking about it for a little bit, an idea came to his mind. Standing up, he walked a few steps away then walked towards her passing her area then walking back. "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I pass by again?"

She snorted at that. "That was horrible!"

"Omo! It was cute I think!" he said, defensively. "How about you? Try."

"But I've never tried to pick anyone up!"

He crossed his arms. "Then, this is your chance."

Jin Ah started biting her lip.

Taking her hand, he stroked his thumb on the back of her palm. "Don't worry. I'm pretty sure you won't get rejected."