Chapter 5

<Sokka>

Zuko and I sat in the back of the bleachers, the crowd around us cheering on the wrestlers below. Aang and Katara were in front of us. After a few minutes, a girl showed up.

Her brown hair was cut into a bob, and she had red lipstick and winged eyeliner on her face. She was wearing a green Kyoshi Cheer Squad t-shirt and jeans. I recognized this girl. She was in the fencing club. She was that girl who kicked my butt. Her name was Suki.

"Has she gone yet?" Suki asked. Suki was a sophomore, so she was a year younger than Zuko and I, and a year older than Toph, Katara, and Aang.

"Who?" I asked back.

"Toph!" Suki said. "She asked me to come to the meet today and I told her I'd be here! Has she gone yet? Oh, spirits, I hope I didn't miss it!"

"Nah, you're good," I assured her. "Toph doesn't go on for another two matches."

"Okay, good." Suki sighed, then sat down next to Katara and turned her attention to the wrestling mat. "Ooh! That must've hurt!"

I looked over at Zuko. He looked really focused. Or, he was zoning out. Probably the latter.

I snapped at him. "Hey, buddy," I said, "you good?"

Zuko sat up quickly and looked at me. "Wah? Oh, uh, yeah." He said quickly, then stood up. "I have to go to the bathroom."

"Oh! I'll go with you. I kind of wanna get some food anyway." I told him.

"Sure," Zuko stood up and started walking down the bleachers. I followed after him.

I turned to the rest of the group. "Do y'all want concessions? I'm heading that way."

"I'll have some water!" Katara called.

"I'll have a cupcake, please!" Aang said.

"Suki?" I asked.

"Oh, me?" Suki said. I nodded. "Oh! Uh, I'll have some m&m's, I guess."

I gave the group a thumbs up and walked out of the gym and into the lobby.

After I got the snacks, I started walking back to the gym, but was stopped by three girls.

The middle one, who I assumed was the leader of the three, spoke up, "Hello," she said.

"Uh, hi." I greeted.

"You are a very good-looking man. Date me." The middle girl stated. I felt, understandably, uncomfortable. The girl on the right, who was to the middle girl's left, looked exasperated and whispered something to the middle girl that I didn't catch. The middle girl nodded, then turned back to me. "I apologize. Will you go out with me?" She asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to say no." I said. "Now, can I please get back to my friends?"

"But why are you declining?" The middle girl asked.

"I don't want to go out with you." I stated.

"Well- well, if you don't go out with me..." The girl seemed to think on what to say next, then she said, "If you don't go out with me, you will never rise from the ashes of your shame and humiliation!"

I was taken aback. "What?"

"I said-"

"What is going on here?" Zuko interrupted the girl.

"Zuko!" I exclaimed. "Thank spirits, this girl is harassing me and-"

"Zuzu?" The girl asked.

"Azula? What are you doing here?" Zuko interrogated.