Chapter 12

DISCLAIMER (please read): i sometimes get random bursts of inspiration where i want to write a lot. sometimes i write chapters only a day apart. i've noticed that some chapters have a few more views than the previous one. that may just be Wattpad acting up, but i just want y'all to make sure to go back and see if you've read all the chapters. if some are triggering to you, that's perfectly fine that you don't read them. i just want to make sure my readers are all caught up and aren't confused about anything :)
okay i'm done talking! back to the story!!

<Sokka>

I was sitting in my home room when an announcement came over the loudspeaker, "Everyone, we will be having a transfer student from Omashu coming to our school tomorrow. Make sure you give them a warm welcome."

Omashu, huh? I thought. I'd been to Omashu before. It was weird. Hopefully, this new student wouldn't be as crazy as their king.

The next day, at the bus stop, I jogged up to Zuko and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Ugh! All of you guys are making me jealous!" Bolin complained. "Literally all of my friends are in a relationship while I'm still alone!"

"Hey, don't beat yourself up, Bolin!" Zuko said. "You just haven't found the right girl yet."

"Psh, easy for you to say." Bolin looked away, but then his eyes lit up. "Hey, who's that?"

"Who? Ooooh," Zuko smirked.

"What? Who? Where?" I asked. I was so confused. Zuko turned my head to where Bolin was looking. He was staring at a girl with tan skin and a short, black haircut. "Ooooh." Zuko and I both looked over at Bolin.

"Is that the new transfer student?" Bolin wondered. "She's pretty."

"You should go talk to her, Bolin!" Zuko suggested.

"But what if I mess something up?" Bolin worried. "What if she doesn't like me?"

"Just go ask her what her name is." I said. "It'll be fine!"

"Uhm, okay..." Bolin walked up to the new girl while Zuko and I watched from a distance. He turned back and looked at us nervously, but we just smiled and gave him a thumbs up.

Sadly, though, we couldn't hear their conversation, but it seemed to go well, considering they both smiled and waved to each other at the end of it.

Bolin walked back over to us.

"So?" Zuko and I asked at the same time.

"Her name's Opal." Bolin said in a dreamy voice.

"That's a pretty name." Zuko remarked. "Oh, hey, look! The bus is here!"

I got an idea. "Hey, Bolin," I said. "Why don't you go sit with Opal today?"

Bolin's face turned red. "What!? No, no, I couldn't do that! We just met today! We barely know each other!"

"Well, then there's your opportunity to get to know her!" Zuko exclaimed.

"Yeah!" I agreed. "And maybe if you get to know her, she'll become your girlfriend, and then you won't have to be the..." I counted on my fingers, "...seventh wheel anymore!"

"...What?" Bolin asked.

"Oh, nevermind, Bolin," Zuko said. "Just go sit with Opal!"

When we got to our seats, Bolin glared back at Zuko and I and mouthed, "I hate you."

"Ah, young love." I said.

"We're the same age as him." Zuko told me.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up. I wanna see if anything happens." I spied on Bolin and Opal for the rest of the bus ride.

***

<Zuko>

"Sokka, sweetie, I love you, but don't you think this is a little too far?" I asked Sokka as he spied on Bolin and Opal from the back room of the Jasmine Dragon. They were hanging out after school.

"Zuko, Bolin spied on us when you had a crush on me, right?" Sokka asked.

"Well, I mean, I still have a crush on you, but yeah, I guess." I said.

"Then, I think it's our right to spy on Bolin and his crush." Sokka pointed out.

I heard the Jasmine Dragon's doorbell ring. "Zuko, your friend is here!" Uncle called.

"Which one?" I called back.

"That girl on your volleyball team!"

I turned to Sokka. "You invited Korra!?"

"Hehe, yeah." He responded.

Korra saw Sokka's head peaking out the back room door and walked over to us.

"So, spying on Bolin, eh?" Korra asked.

"No," I said.

"Yes," Sokka said.

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

I sighed. "You know what? Whatever. I'm going to get some tea."

I walked up to the counter. "Uncle! Can I have some Jasmine tea please?"

"Of course," He replied. When he came back with the tea he asked me, "What are Korra and Sokka doing?"

"Spying," I said, taking a sip of my tea. "They're being obnoxious. Like children."

Iroh laughed.

"Was I ever that annoying, Uncle?"

"Well, you were typically a quiet kid, until you moved here." Iroh said. "Then, you opened up because you realized you were somewhere safe. I want to bring your sister here, at some point, but I can't force her. She has to ask me on her own."

"That's really sweet, Uncle, but you didn't exactly answer my question?"

"Oh, yes!" Iroh remembered. "No, you weren't very annoying, from what I remember."

I finished my tea. "Okay, Uncle, I'm gonna go back to my obnoxious boyfriend and our equally obnoxious friend."

"Ugh! Nothing's happening!" Korra complained.

"You have to be patient, Korra!" Sokka lectured.

I rolled my eyes. "Sokka, why don't we go somewhere? We've been here long enough. Let's give them some space."

"Do you want me to go, or...?" Korra wondered.

"No, you can come!" I said. "Ask Asami if she wants to come, too! We could go to the mall or something."

When I said "mall", Sokka jumped up from his spot on the floor.

"Yeah! Let's go!" He exclaimed.

_______________________________

quick psa: please don't sexualize the characters in this story! they're all minors, and i am a minor as well, so it makes me feel uncomfy. if you've done it before, it's okay, just please don't do it anymore, thanks!

also this chapter was super hard to write cause i was in a block. sorry if it's kinda bad 😅

alright, that's all! thanks for reading! -Em