AU Explanations

since some people are confused, i'll try to explain the au as best i can.

so first, we'll start off with the Air Nation. in this au, the Air Nation and Fire Nation went to war. the Air Nation didn't want the war, but they soon learned that they needed to fight back. in short, the Air Nation was destroyed, but some of the people survived. most of the Air Nation refugees live in refugee camps, which are scattered all across the Earth Kingdom, hence why the volleyball team went up against Air Nation kids. Aang and Gyatso were able to escape the Air Nation before it collapsed. they lived in a refugee camp for a little while, but were eventually able to afford a home in Ba Sing Se.

most of the traditions of the nations are the same, except for that there's no bending. there are no combo-animals like in the show, sorry. that's why Pabu is a ferret lol

this au incorporates aspects of both Legend of Korra and Avatar: the Last Airbender. i haven't yet decided if Zaofu (the metal city from LoK) or Republic City are going to be in this story or not.

Sokka's and Katara's mom died of an illness when they were very young. (yes, Katara found her. it wouldn't be the same if she hadn't. i know, sad.) shortly after their mother's death, Hakoda left the Southern Water Tribe with his friend, Bato. Sokka and Katara still don't know much about where their father is, however, Katara did recently find out that Aang had seen him a few years ago.

Zuko's backstory in this au will be explained more in the future, but in short, he lives with his uncle, his father is homophobic, he has a rocky relationship with his sister, and his mom left when he was 10.

if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask! i will gladly answer in the comments! (yes, Zuko's mirror is in Sokka's room now) also, i'm currently working on Chapter 13, so it'll either be out the day or day after this is published. that's all! thanks for reading! -Em