Chapter 4

***Guys! I DID manage to get a chapter out!

Fun fact: Before I even wrote "That One Girl", I wrote Cole's POV for this chapter. This is the first interaction I technically ever wrote between him and Seliel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also, I totally picked the clean version of "Savage Love", no worries! I wonder what song THAT ship applies to?***

***(Cole's POV)***

"Jay, get up." I knock on Nya's door. "It's time for school."

I hear a grumble in response.

I roll my eyes. Jay's already a slow mover in the morning. And if he's sick, things are even worse.

I push open the door to see him sitting up in bed, rubbing his eyes. "Cole?" he groggily asks.

"It's me, buddy." I sit down on the edge of Nya's bed. "Are you feeling better?"

The guilty look that enters his eyes makes me frown. "Jay, what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." He tucks the blankets up to his neck. "Why are you here?"

"To...see if you're ready for school?" I raise an eyebrow. "It's finals week, remember?"

He makes a pitiful coughing noise. "I can't go. I'm sick."

"How sick are you? Like, I may not care about my grades and stuff, but I still know I can't miss finals week. And you're an 'A' student, right? You certainly wouldn't want to be absent."

"I can't go," he repeats. "I'm sick." He buries his head under Nya's pillow.

"Did someone take your temperature yet to see if you have a fever? If you're just achy, I imagine you'll be fine going in. Finals are important, bud."

Nya pokes her head in right at that moment. "Jay?"

My best friend slowly uncovers his head, turning around with a sheepish look. "Hey, Nya."

"Are you feeling better?" she asks. "Do you think you can come to school today?"

"N-no." His voice comes out a lot raspier than it did just moments before.

"Aww. Let me go grab you some medicine, okay?"

As soon as she's gone, Jay jumps out of bed and rushes into Nya's bathroom. I follow him, a little concerned.

"Are you going to throw up?" I ask.

He throws open the cabinet under Nya's vanity and snatches out her hair dryer. Then, he plugs it into the wall and turns it on the hottest setting, holding it right up to his forehead.

I frown. "Jay, what the heck are you doing?!"

"I'm not really sick, okay?" he exclaims. "I'm just doing this to get Nya's attention."

"What? Why?"

"Because I need to show her that she still cares about me! That's the only way we're getting back together!"

"That's not right, Jay," I sigh.

"I know," he whines, "but you can't tell her! I'll get 'better' by tomorrow, okay? I just...I need this." He shuts off the hair dryer and runs back to Nya's bed, messing up the blankets and crawling under them.

"No, you don't. You just want it really badly." I run a hand through my hair. "Jay, what's with you? You did so well with the breakup back in February, but a few weeks later, you got into such a bad cycle. You're clingy, obsessed, and – no offense – annoying the heck out of Nya, what with your always following her around."