Chapter 30

***Okay, I'm not cueing this song, but just imagine this playing in the background while Nya talks with Jay for his POV in this chapter. It makes everything better-

If I don't respond to any comments tonight, it's because I'm working my butt off to write the final chapters of this story. Things are INTENSE. This chapter's over 5,000 words LOL

Also, let me know if you find a plot hole so I can fix it. I think I've eradicated most.

Finally, Ninjago City laws are...interesting. I'm trying to make them somewhat accurate and believable. At the same time, I need them to work a certain way for this story. Keep that in mind as you read.

Fun fact - in case you didn't know, I don't own Keurig coffee. So when you see the reference to that brand in this chapter, you'll know that I'm not the owner of Keurig :P***

***(Jay's POV)***

I lay in my bedroom of the sea vessel, precariously left alone and feeling all around miserable. Skylor returned to the ship with a subdued Pythor about half an hour ago, but there's been no sign of Harumi.

And there's no sign of a way to save Lloyd or Cole. Kai's still out of his head, as well.

I guess we're just waiting here for Harumi to get back for another hour or so. It's nighttime now, and the Dark Island is still teeming with Oni, so it's best if we don't go looking for her. If she's not back soon, though, we'll be sending out a search party.

I hear a soft knock on my door, and Nya pops her head in without waiting for a response. She smiles sympathetically when she sees I'm still awake.

"Hey," I smile against the throbbing I feel in my head. "Come in."

She slips inside, closing the door behind her and coming to sit on the edge of my bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Fantastic. I love getting concussions." The sarcasm is real.

She rubs her hand over my arm. "You're still here, though. I'm glad Pythor's machine didn't get you – I'm glad you're okay."

"If you weren't glad I was okay, there might be a problem."

She chuckles softly and kisses my cheek, one of the few places that doesn't hurt right now. "You're right."

I'm about to say something sweet, but Pythor's angry shouts from the room over just ruin the moment. Seliel's watching him right now (armed with a gun, no less), and I'm sure they're into some kind of argument. That couldn't go wrong in any way.

"Any word about Harumi?" I ask.

Nya fixes my covers. "No. Skylor's ready to send out a search party soon. Said party would consist of me, her, and Zane. PIXAL, Seliel, and Kai would stay here with you."

"Goody." Kai's out of his head, PIXAL's incredibly naïve, and Seliel's a butt. I'd love to be stuck here with all three of them at once.

Nya places her head on my shoulder in a silent reminder that she's here for me. "It'll be okay, Jay. We shouldn't be gone long, and we'll be heading back to Ninjago in no time. And Zane said you're not suffering from brain bleeding or anything, so we get home, you'll probably just need a quick medical examination before they give you the 'okay'."

"Yeah. It doesn't fix that I'm nauseous and dizzy and achy, though."

"Getting some sleep might help with that. I'll be right here to make sure Nadakhan doesn't suddenly appear." She rearranges herself next to me.