Chapter 33

***Getting closer to the end...any last predictions before you all see how things play out? Fun fact: I'ma need an extra chapter, so it'll be two more chapters and an epilogue LOL

I predict that by the time this book is done, I will be knee-deep in studying, sleep loss, and fast food.

Also, as I've said before, I had to play around a lot with the Ninjago law system to make this book work. I hope you'll bear with me. My goal here is to keep things fictional, but somewhat believable. I am not an attorney; I serve French fries. A lot of the laws I'm writing aren't in any way true. If you're looking for an accurate book I write, you'll prolly have to wait for McDareth's LOL

So now I'm thinking I just need to write a book of consistent Ninjago laws I use for different areas XD Nope. AiN't NoBoDy GoT tImE fOr ThAt-

Also, I don't own Wheel of Fortune. If it's up for sale any time soon, let me know.

And I don't own Jaws. If I did, it would have more plot and less shark.

Also, don't kill me, but this chapter is 7,300 words -***

***(Nya's POV)***

I'm ready to go at seven in the morning the next day. Apparently, Jay has a whole day planned, and I'm more than a little excited to get out from under my aunt's thumb. After a few gentle threats, I managed to get her to let me go on our date. She tried to put in a call to whatever anti-elemental place she set me up with, but they said they couldn't get me in any earlier than tomorrow.

Score.

Jay ended up staying for another hour yesterday after I told him the 'L' word. He was essentially bouncing off the walls. I did not, however, accept his proposal. I don't want to mess things up with him. I may think we have a future, but that doesn't mean I want to rush things and end up with a lot of hurt.

But his offer did keep me up all last night. I'm not really ready for marriage yet, but we both know we want to eventually get there. It makes me kind of mad how Jay can be so sure about a marriage between us working out. I'm great at everything...except believing in other people, it seems.

And I can't lose my elemental power. I've come up with three scenarios for how the next few days will play out. I can lose my powers, run away, or marry Jay. The first one isn't going to work, I just got over the whole 'running away' thing, and...that just brings me right back to Jay. Again.

I can't botch things between us.

I hear an engine rumble outside my aunt's house, and I sigh with relief, knowing Jay's arrived to pick me up for our day out. I hate Sunny's house. I basically stayed in my room all night because I wasn't willing to go out and face that woman. Jay told me to 'patch things over' with her, but I'm doing well just to be civil.

I head out the door to see Jay grinning goofily. He hops off the bike Lloyd lent him to wrap me up in a huge hug.

"Hi," he greets, his voice muffled by my hair as he presses his mouth there.

"Hi," I return. My words are garbled, too – I'm currently pressed up against his chest. It gives me a whiff of his subtle cologne. Yes, Jay Walker has finally learned not to wear too much.

"You smell nice," I mumble.

"Thanks," he beams. "I stayed at my bio-dad's beach house about an hour from here, and he gave me free use of all his stuff. He also gave me free access to one of his credit cards." He steps back, smiling into my eyes. "Ready to get this pre-birthday date going?"