Chapter 24

***We do love updates :D

I should have enough time for two chapters today, but I'm not making any promises. I've been sidetracked (in a good way) recently with random dinner plans/Halloween parties/homework/etcetera, so now that I officially sort of have a little bit of a social life, my update schedule is THWARTED.

You all have been so supportive though, so thank you <3

Also, I think this is the first chapter I've written in a few weeks without a Jaya POV. I mean, there's obviously Jaya in here - this is me we're talking about - but it's indirect. Next chapter will have a little more...

And this song - it more applies to Seliel than anyone else, as you know she waited for her change for a long while back in TOG. But it also applies to the ninja, since they face so much trauma and basically just have to do their best to fight it.

But yeah. So here we go, and I hope you like 😘***

***(Seliel's POV)***

***Music Cue***

You know that feeling you get when one moment, you're telling your boyfriend you'll be gone for a half-hour shower, and the next, you come out and he's in a heap on the kitchen floor?

Because that's exactly what I'm experiencing right now.

Now, I am not the kind of girl who screams when she sees blood or disturbing images or anything like that. I crave horror movies and stories and whatnot. So when I came out to see Cole on the floor, I actually reacted pretty well. I checked his pulse and all, but he seemed fine.

Then I tried to wake him up, and there was no response.

My first thought was to check the stove and see if he'd poisoned himself with his horrible cooking. My man may be sexy, but he'd never make a good househusband.

When I realized the stove was clear, I was out of ideas for what had happened to him, so I ran to the bunkroom and got Zane. He examined Cole and found that he's in some sort of a deep slumber. And, as Zane put it, it's magical.

That made no sense until he hypothesized that perhaps this was the work of Nadakhan and Pythor.

And that's when he realized we needed to have a team meeting.

Right now, I'm plopped down beside Cole in the floor, a little uncertain. I mean, Zane said he'd be okay, it's just...

Cole was the one who got me help for my eating disorder. He's always been a great friend to me, too. And for the past month and a half, he's been more than a friend.

It's just weird, seeing him like this. And I want him back.

Nya stalks into the kitchen, fury written over her features. "Lloyd. Nadakhan must've taken Lloyd. That's why he hasn't called or texted us since last night, and that's why he never came home." Her fists clench, and she plops down beside me. "Who all is here right now? Me, Jay, Sel, Zane..." Her eyes bug, and she stands upright. "Kai!"

She goes running out of the kitchen just as Jay and Zane walk in. The former turns and goes after her, yelling, "Nya, we're not supposed to be alone!"

Zane seats himself at the kitchen counter, his expression pensive. "Unfortunately, we have lost both Lloyd and Cole, the typical leadership roles for our team. It will be incredibly difficult for us to properly formulate plans and execute missions until they return."

I huff. "How'd we even get here? The foster care system up and tells me I'm allowed to come live with you guys again, I meet Cole at the door, and I tell him we'll hang out after I shower. I come out half an hour later – I had to take an extended shower, since the foster home I was staying at did not have all my beauty products I've come to depend on. Plus, it's difficult to bathe when you're not supposed to put weight on one of your legs. When I come to the kitchen after my shower, I find Cole on the floor, looking like he's dead. None of this makes sense." I shake my head.