03

(Y/n) frowned as she shivered in the cold, carrying a child on her back that was wrapped onto her y her haori that was beginning to tear. She winced as she walked up the sharp jagged rocks and used her hands to help catch herself.

"You're going to have a difficult life with this child now. There's no way you can be a demon slayer with him. It's time for you to learn your place." Her grandmother said before sighing. "Don't come back here again. Tell the others I'm fine now." She muttered before shutting the door. (Y/n) frowned as she held her nephew's hand who was confused.

(Y/n) gulped, hearing mothers and fathers worrying over their sons entering the Final Selection to become Demon Slayers. (Y/n) sighed, watching Yohei draw a circle around him a giggle as he spun around in the circle over and over, making his purple haori and kenama pants y around. She stared at his shirt.
There was wisteria flowers pressed on him and tied into his hair. The last things his mom gave him before she was kicked out. She must be loving a beautiful life now. Free from a child.
(Y/n) cursed her family under her breath as they gave her such a terrible fate in life.

(Y/n) sighed, setting down the boy on his futon as she was covered in dirt and dust. She panted, closing the small door in the cabin they found that was dirty and small. She sighed, laying wisteria flowers around Yohei and the door as she slept on the floor beside Yohei. Tomorrow would be the Final Selection.

It worried her tremendously on who would watch over Yohei. But she knew if she passed the Final Selection she would take Yohei with her in all missions. She had to. He'd be safe with her. And if not, she'd take him somewhere safe and leave him there. It was best for him.

(Y/n) quietly opened her room and frowned, dressed in her white hadajuban shirt and inakaya pants as she slipped out her room at night. (Y/n) took a bag from the storage closet, filled with food for Yohei, money, a map, a journal, writing set. Then stole her father's haori which is a (f/c) that transitioned from a pastel (f/c) then a light (f/c) then a stormy dark (f/c) at the bottom of the haori that was decorated with a black outline and interior that worked as a thermal.
She stared at the haori that hung besides her parents as they laid sleeping. She had trained so well that no one could hear her footsteps. Even if she was besides them. She frowned, staring at the two dark (f/c) spider little designs on the chest of the haori. They had small gold silk marble thread running around the fabric and into the clouds that flowed on the shoulders and to the back that made a massive cloud, spiraling and circling the name in calligraphy, (l/n).
(Y/n) took the haori and replaced it with her solid (f/c) haori. She at least wanted to let her family know she would be gone on her own consent and not stolen away by a demon.
She grabbed her father's sword which no one used anymore since all the men have died. Reading the imprinting at the base of the sword was, nobility. That's all the family knew anyways.
Grabbing her zori sandals and socks that are tightly wrapped to the pants and fastening them, she went to get Yohei's own bag.
She poked the boy awake. "(Y/n)?" He whispered but she put a finger over her mouth as a way to silence him. He seemed confused as she put a shawl over him to not get him dirty and she did the same to cover her father's haori. "What's wrong? Where are we going?" He asked. "Put your shoes on. You'll sleep on the ride there." (Y/n) frowned. Yohei seems concerned. "Does grandma know?" Yohei asked. She stayed quiet as she helped the boy with his sandals. She took his hand and went to the front of the house. As she helped the boy in her back and tied him on her back with some rope, she gasped as she heard her sister wake up with a thud of the door. "Hello? Who's there?" She asked, holding a candle out as the light illuminated from the corner. She got up and crashed the door open with a loud crack, forcing it open instead of sliding it. Yohei looked back, confused on why they were running from. "(Y/n) where are we-?" "Cover your eyes. Just sleep." (Y/n)'s voice began to crack. She ran to Mt. Fujikasane from their home in Okutama county.

(Y/n) gulped, tying a wisteria flower above the door. Yohei looked up to the girl with fear. "You'll ve gone for a week?" He frowned. She gave a reassuring smile before hugging him. "I'll be back before you know it. I taught you how to start a fire and use nigiri scissors as a weapon. It's not hard to make an egg. I know you're smart enough to cook an egg. If not, I made rice and left some ripe mangoes I found. You'll eat like a king." She hugged the boy. "But mama-" She narrowed her eyes at him. "I'm not your mom. I'm your aunt." She pat the boy's head as she handed him a wisteria flower. "I planted lots of these all over the house. They'll protect you." She said.
"I love you."

She waved good bye to Yohei who stood at the the window as the sun fell. He frowned. It was foolish of her to bring him in such a terrible place like the mountains. But who would listen to her. Her future husband would end up dead. She would end up in a living prison with her family and a child on her own. She might as well put herself to good use.

(Y/n) gasped at the 20 or 30 other people around her. "They're... all guys." She seemed uneasy near them. Thankfully, she had no resin to fear as she put herself in training by her grandmother. But then again, there are real demons in there.

Demons that made her family in great dismay.

'If I can kill a demon and survive, I will only look down at my father with shame'
She gulped. She yelped as she bumped into a guy in a blue haori."I'm very sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." As he adjusted his fox mask. "It's okay." She walked away quickly before she heard mumbling. A boy on blonde hair was sulking deeply. She frowned. 'Is he even fit to be here? He seems so depressed.' Then a butterfly passed by herand landed on a girl's finger beside her. 'Well now I know I'm not alone.' She grinned softly.

(Y/n) scanned the bushes around her, looking for movement as she took her breaths in and out smoothly, not ruining her training for nothing. 'I have to survive here for a week!?' She yelled. She gasped and dodged a demon that almost pounced in her. As she dodged out the way, she squatted down as another demon approached her from the side and missed, tumbling away. She got in her stance as she held her sword. 'Sixth Form: Black Wind Mountain Mist!' She swung her sword from her side and aimed it upwards to the other side diagonally as she slashed the first demon. She watched her opponent fall into prices and burn into ashes as the tornado she had created killed the other demon.

Immediately afterwards, she kept running east so she could stay safe there for the week where the sun rises at. She wouldn't be sleeping well though if she has to keep guard.
(Y/n) gasped to see the same blue kimono haori boy fighting a massive demon. She groaned as it smelled fowl. She screamed as she was thrown to t ground by a boy. "Move! Outta my way! I gotta get outta here!" He yelled and cried. She winced as she got in her feet.

Her eyes opened to see a stream of water above her as he plunged his sword into the demon's neck. Her eyes widened as his swift movements as if these attacks were all routine to him. The head fell before as she gasped and got up, holding her sword. The blue haori wearing boy panted as he looked around. "The boy ran off. He wasn't going to help. No ones going to save you around here. But you should head east." (Y/n) advises the boy. He turned around and wiped the sweat on his forehead. She stared at his earrings. 'Hanafuda earrings?' "Yeah, I was heading there and I lost my way through the woods." The boy nervously admitted as he brushed away the red strands of hair touching his forehead. "It's this way." (Y/n) pointed to her right as she could sense where a clearing of the wind was at by concentrating on the wind and air around her. He nodded and went on.

(Y/n) sighed, resting on her knees. "Finally." She panted as she caught her breath. Then the boy with the blue haori appeared. "Ah, you followed?" She asked with a chuckle. The boy with reddish purple hair nervously chuckled. "A bit until I accidentally got lost." He nervously chuckled. (Y/n) yawned and stretched as she laid against the arm of a wisteria tree. "I'm (y/n) (l/n)." She gave a grin to the boy. He gulped and sat by her. "Tanjiro Kamado." And so they began to pass the time.

Yohei sighed, trying to sleep but the eerie feeling of someone outside the door scared him. He believed it wasn't human which made it even more terrifying. "Who's there?" He whispered out silently.
Outside the door was a man wielding a sword, standing by door as a guard. His blue eyes scanned the perimeter as his mismatched haori blew in the wind. His spiky black hair blew in the cold air behind him and out of his face.

Knowing her child was safe was all that mattered right now.

He would scold her once he found her again.