four

Uncle Mike had shown Harry the nearby pond, only about a half-a-mile from his uncle's backyard, the park down the street from the local school, the best restaurants in town, and the locals shops and boutiques.  Since Harry's uncle lived sort of away from town, in the forest covered area, most of the stops, besides the natural ones, took a car trip, unless you wanted to walk for half-an-hour or so, which Harry said he was fine doing.  

Uncle Mike had noticed how very distant Harry was.  He'd be talking about why he liked the shop he was showing his nephew, and turn to look at him to see that he was vaguely nodding his head along while looking at everything that surrounded him.  Harry's uncle frowned at this but realized what Harry must be thinking and cut him some slack.  He'll break from his shell some time or another.

When they had returned back to the comfort of Uncle Mike's cottage type house, Harry ran upstairs to change out of his sweatpants and into a pair of shorts his mum had packed for him.  They were to meet the neighbors next.

Harry only knew of the Tomlinson's, the owners of the blue and white house he fancied, but apparently there were quite a few families living up and down the long driveway, or I guess road apparently, Harry and his mum had driven down for what felt like ages. 

Uncle Mike had instructed Harry to grab the few bouquets of flowers he had bought on their tour around town.  "An introduction gift" his uncle had called it.  An early apology for all of the trouble Harry was going to cause around town.  Which was a statement his uncle laughed at because he knew perfectly well Harry wouldn't, or honestly couldn't, even annoy a fly.

They met the Johnson's first, who were an older couple with sweet faces and kind hugs, then the Payne's, a family of five, a boy, two girls, and their parents, then the Kingston's, a young couple with quite a young son, then the Horan's, a family with two boys and their parents, and then the Malik's, a family of three girls, and one son, with their parents.  Harry had met them all and they had all seemed completely wonderful.  He had already taken a liking to the sixteen year old Horan son.  He had crusty blonde hair, obviously bleached, and a smile that could light up all of the darkness in this world.  Harry knew he was the kind of person he'd want to hang out with.

They were on their way to the Tomlinson's next.  Being the closest to their house, Uncle Mike had decided to stop there last.  They walked up the flower laced front pathways, and arrived at the baby blue door.  Harry planted three knocks on the surface of the wood and stepped back, waiting for an answer.

The door swung open and Harry's eyes met those of a very friendly looking woman with a content smile on her face.

"Ah, you must be Harry!  Mike has told me all about you.  I'm Johannah."

Harry took her hand and shook it, then returned his smile to the ground.  He didn't really like attention so hearing that his uncle had been talking about him to possibly everyone around town made him a bit nervous.

"Come in, come in." The woman instructed as she waved the two of them inside.

Harry hesitated because he hadn't been asked to come inside anyone else's so he half expected his uncle to decline the kind offer and bring Harry home.

"I mean why not, you're our last stop today, let's make a date of it." Uncle Mike responded.  Harry wasn't quite fond of the idea, but he wasn't about to complain.  Plus, Johannah smiled so wide when he said that and it reminded him of his mum.

"Would you like some tea, darling?"  Johannah asked him.

Harry shook his head, "No, I'm alright.  Thank you though."

Johannah grinned as she poured two cups of teas, one for her and one for Harry's uncle.

"You didn't even ask me if I wanted any."  Uncle Mike remarked.