five

A week had gone by.  And then two.  Unfortunately for Harry, it was, for the most part, uneventful.  He was to spend five weeks in Doncaster with his uncle before going back home a few weeks before school started, and he still had three weeks left.  

It wasn't like he was miserable, but he definitely wasn't living up to the expectations of partying every night and making memories that would last a lifetime that his mum had set on him.  In general, Harry woke up around eight, ate whatever breakfast his uncle had decided to set out that morning, went on a walk around noon, played his guitar and wrote a few lyrics down to random chord patterns he was coming up with, and then improvising the rest of his day from there.  

He had been spending quite a bit of one-on-one time with Niall.  He learned practically everything there is to know about him because man does that boy like to talk.  Harry's confident he could write a five-page essay on the fake blonde lad from Ireland who loves Nandos and golf.  Harry and Niall had gotten along really well because both of the boys like guitar, so they had, a few times, met at the break from trees to open land during the sunset and just strummed a few melodies together.  Niall was better, but Harry had the voice for their songs.  It fit perfectly.

He had also been spending a lot of time with his uncle, going fishing whenever his uncle wasn't working, and, Harry will never tell you this, but a lot of the fish they caught, Harry released back into the pond when his uncle wasn't looking.  He just hates seeing it struggle out of the water.

They also went out of town a few times to neighboring towns in Yorkshire: Bradford being one of them.  Harry remembered hearing that the Malik family had been originally from Bradford so he thought it was interesting driving down the winding roads of the town the black haired boy had grown up in.

He didn't know much of Zayn, besides the fact that he seemed to be crafted by the Gods, but he could tell, even from the first second he met him, that he seemed like such a down-to-Earth fellow with a heart of gold.  

Harry had passed Zayn and his group of friends a few times.  It seemed to be four guys, sometimes six when Harry noticed two other guys with them, and two girls.  They looked like fun and Harry had wished so many times that he had the confidence and security to go up to them and ask to hang out with them.  

But he never did.  Instead, he'd just watch as they passed him by, Niall giving him a small nod of acknowledgement, while he kept on his way, walking God knows where, thinking about how lonely being alone can get.

He kept up with his promise and had written his mum a few times.  Other than that, he called her and texted her, but she had made him promise to write her old-fashioned letters because she told him that 'she had always wanted to have someone be able to write her while they're away' and apparently phones had ruined that for her.

So Harry had written quite a few lengthy letters to his mum.  Barely speaking about his experience because, to be honest, there wasn't much to talk about, but he had written about how much he misses her and about the songs he had written recently.  

Harry had developed a noticeable tan from all of the time he was spending outside.  He had come with a milky tint to his skin, and now looked more similar to the caramel boy he had met two weeks ago.

Harry wondered about that caramel boy.  What was his name again?  And why does he seem to be a recurring theme in Harry's thoughts?

He hadn't seen him face-to-face since that first day.  Of course, he had noticed him whenever he saw that group of friends walking around town, and he had seen him and Zayn together a few times.  

He fascinated Harry and Harry didn't know why.  He wished he could approach the boy and talk to him, but Harry could never do that.  

So now, Harry and his uncle were out for dinner at a pub near their house.  Harry had ordered a burger with chips on the side, his usual dinner meal from most of the pubs around them, and his uncle had ordered a big slice of steak.  He didn't know how his uncle stayed so thin after eating as much as he did.