seventeen

Only about two hours later, Harry awoke with a smile on his face.  It was almost instinct as he fluttered his eyes open and adjusted to everything around him to have a slight smile on his lips.  He was happy, and it was new to him.  He had never been this happy before.  This content with everything around him.  And all it took was some silly little caramel boy.

He rolled out of bed and stripped off his clothes he had snuck out and then fallen asleep in.  As he stood under the shower head, letting the warm water roll down and off of his curls, straightening them out slowly, he found that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop smiling.  It got to a point where his cheeks had started to ache and his lips had started to dry out.  He was just so happy.  

So as he got out of the shower, dried himself off, and pulled on some clean clothes, he knew he needed to go find the source of his happiness.

"I'm going over to the Tomlinson's house today!" Harry called out to his uncle as he slipped on a pair of trainers.

"Alright my boy, have fun!"

Harry smiled and nodded as he stepped through the door frame and closed the door behind him.  A gush of air blew through his hair as a smile erupted on his face.  He felt like he could almost skip the short minute it took to get to Louis' house.

He watched as the flowers blew around under his feet, dancing with each other and playing around as much as a flower possibly could.  Louis was his flower.  He felt like dancing every time Louis was with him.  

He stopped himself right outside the Tomlinson's front door and took a deep breath.  

Knock.  Knock knock.

He stepped back a couple steps and interlaced his fingers together behind his back, swaying with the wind as he waited for an answer.  He found himself eyeing the ground and looking everywhere but the door.  For some reason, he couldn't stop himself from getting nervous everytime Louis popped up in his mind, but can you blame him?

A few seconds later, he heard the door handle turn and he looked up to watch the wooden door fling open.  A short brown haired girl with big blue eyes stood in front of Harry, looking up a good foot with a crooked smile and furrowed eyebrows.

"Who are you?" Maybe she meant to sound defensive, but her seven year old voice disguised it with adorableness.

"I'm Harry.  Your neighbor for the summer.  Who are you?" Harry spoke softly as he bent down on his knees so he wasn't towering over her.  Harry loved children and knew exactly what to do to make them comfortable.

"I'm Phoebe.  Are you here for my brother, Lou?" Phoebe's look of confusion turned into a smile as she immediately got comfortable around Harry.

Harry nodded, smiling on the inside at the pet name his sister had for him.

"He's not here right now.  Him and mummy are at the big white building."

Harry titled his head to the side with confusion written all over his face. 

"Big white building?"

Phoebe nodded.  "I've been there a couple times, but I don't like it.  It scares me." Phoebe frowned as she explained.

Harry still had no idea what she was talking about but he didn't want to push her to keep talking about a subject that obviously frightened the little seven year old, so he just nodded and stood up straight.

"When he gets home, can you tell him I stopped by?"

Phoebe's smile returned as she nodded, almost taking charge of having an important job given to her.  She took the instruction quite literally as she brought a hand up to her forehead, military style, and saluted Harry who just smiled, laughed, and returned the gesture.