twenty-two

Harry couldn't hold back his smile as Louis' eyes fluttered shut and his head rested on Harry's chest.  His breathing was light and relaxed as he and Harry swayed to the third song to come on post Elvis.  Harry had his arms wrapped tightly around Louis' waist, holding him up, as Louis hung on to Harry lightly with his arms wrapped around Harry's neck.  He was so impossibly tired and Harry seemed to be the softest and warmest thing to have ever been created, so how could Louis not close his eyes and let himself drift to sleep?

Harry moved his head back from where his chin had been resting atop Louis' fluffy hair, and looked down at the boy so innocently and adorably asleep against his body.  He just wanted to pick him up and curl him up in his lap forever, petting his hair and gazing into the sweet blue eyes of his favorite person.

He sighed with a huge and content smile on his face as he brought his arms lower and scooped Louis up bridle styles, and holding him close to his chest.  Louis was more than two years older than Harry, yet he seemed like such a baby in Harry's hold.  He was as light as a feather, and as cute as a bunny.  His head fell lazily against Harry's chest once more as Harry bent down to grab Louis' phone and stop the soft sounds of Frank Sinatra.  He pulled Louis even closer to himself as he brought them both up the stairs.

It seemed almost like they switched roles from when they had snuck out.  Now Harry was mama bear, holding his precious baby firmly to his chest as he guarded him from every bad thing in the world.  He smiled at the thought of how special Louis had become to him in such a short amount of time.

He bent down to his knees and gently laid Louis' sleeping body onto the mattress, making sure to position him as comfortably as he could.  He slipped Louis' shoes off one by one and placed them neatly at the end of the white mattress, making sure to dust off the floor underneath them before placing them there.

And before he went to return to his mattress, he stopped in his place and just gazed at Louis.  His mouth was partly open and his eyes were so heavenly at ease.  His hair looked like it had been rearranged by the gods in the most artistic way, and his body was so bodacious it was almost daring to be desired.  Harry was in awe at the creature laying so peacefully in front of him.

He had to pull himself away from Louis' gaze as he bent down and placed a chaste but heartfelt kiss to Louis' forehead.  He knew he could most definitely stay up the entire night, wrapped up in his own thoughts and wonders as he stared at the sleeping boy, but he figured sleep would be more beneficial.

But as he was slipping his shoes off and tucking them at the end of his bed, he heard a sigh that sounded like an aria to Harry's ears coming from Louis.

"Hey Haz?"

"Yeah blue?"

"Can you sing me something?"

Louis' eyes were still closed, but his smile was as bright as the sunshine.  He truly had a sunshine smile.

"Of course."

Harry paused for a minute.  He knew exactly the words he wanted to sing, but he hesitated.  The words swirling in his mind had so much meaning behind them, they were so special to him, and something that special is sometimes extremely hard to share.  

But then he saw the patient boy laying on his side with his lips smiling in eager excitement for Harry's voice.  And like everyone says, 'love makes you crazy', so Harry hesitated no more and let the words lose.

"Oh, baby blue"

Louis smiled.

"What's keeping you silent?

You've been standing by the water tryna bargain with the tides

Where you'd do better, if it would all just let up

On you"

Harry took a deep breath again.

"Oh blue, baby blue

You'll fall in love with love again someday, I promise you

The storms inside your eyes

Cast shadows on the skies

But they'll be blowing away pretty soon

Baby blue"

-------------------------------------

THIS IS THE SONG HE SANG!  I LOVE HANNAH YOU SHOULD GO LISTEN TO HER!!!

------------------------------

- 🌣 -

Harry awoke with an unnatural warmth pressing against his right side and an unfamiliar weight draped over his body.  His eyes peaked open as he suddenly felt very aware of the breathing that was pressing lightly against the skin of his neck, making his stomach tingle and his heart flip.  

He turned on his side and giggled almost as his eyes focused and he saw the cute lump of a boy laying next to him, with his leg propped over Harry's waist and his arm laying limply over Harry's chest.  

He brought his hand up to where Louis' face was level with his, only inches away, still completely asleep and peaceful, and connected it to his cheek, fitting each curve of his palm against the contour of Louis' face almost like two puzzle pieces.  He dragged his thumb lightly over the skin covering the apple of Louis' cheek, and smiled as he examined every detail of his face. 

His lips were still parted slightly, showing only a peek of his small and adorable teeth.  Harry loved every part of Louis' face.  He couldn't seem to get enough of each individual feature.  He'd inspect one detail, smile in awe of its beauty, and then move onto the next, only to find out how much he misses looking at the other detail, sending him in a painful cycle of searching and scanning the beauty that was Louis Tomlinson.

He had never been so utterly in awe of someone before.  So much so that it was painful when he slept because he wasn't looking at Louis.  It scared him how much he relied on this boy, especially since they did not live in the same town, and in about a week, Harry was due to leave.  But they were going to make it work.  He was sure of it.  They were going to conquer the world.

Together.

Louis shuffled in his sleep as he awoke to the feeling of Harry's thumb grazing his skin.  He peeked his eyes open and immediately felt a relief of peace as they landed on the bright aura of goodness in front of him.  A pure angel was all Louis could see.  An angel with brown curls that were spread out in a funny way, and a goofy smile that seemed almost tilted, and morning breath that made Louis want to laugh.

But he loved it all.

"Morning blue."

"Morning fawn."

"Someone crawled into my bed last night." Harry smiled, his voice still soft and serene.

"Who was it?  I need to go teach them that only I get to cuddle with my Hazza." Louis giggled faintly, still coming out of his trance that had been a deep sleep.

Harry smiled at silly morning Louis that he had never met before.  He liked him.  He liked him a lot.

"Hear that?" Louis asked softly.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and smiled at Louis' funny little laugh as Louis pointed to the ceiling.  "Hear what?"

"Exactly.  The rain stopped."

Harry didn't know if he was relieved they could go back home and not have to run through the rain, or upset that this secret little rendezvous of theirs had come to an end.

Louis noticed Harry's crossed expression, and brought his hand up to Harry's chin, pulling him in for a chaste peck on the lips.

"Don't worry my little fawn, we're not saying goodbye yet." Then left Harry alone on their mattress, naked of any sheets or coverings, and stood up, slipping his shoes that Harry had put ever so carefully at the edge of his bed, and reached a hand out to Harry.

They kept their hands intertwined as they walked down the stairs and took one last look at the barn that had become so special to the both of them before turning and not looking back.

"We'll be back." 

Harry nodded.