six

"Hi."

"Hi? What are you doing here?" Louis asked.

"Reading, what about you?"

"Hanging with friends, they're over there by the pond."

For the first time that night, Harry looked behind him and through the trees to see, quite a ways away, a shimmering pond with the silhouettes of people splashing around in it.

"Cool." Harry had hoped Louis would go back to his friends when he said that. But instead, Louis crossed his arms and tapped his foot, still hovering over Harry who was trying to get back into his book.

"You don't talk much, huh?"

Harry looked up, shining his bright green eyes into the blue ones he had been so enchanted by before. Louis couldn't help but notice how beautiful the green was when it shone back at him, being reflected by Harry's soft flashlight.

"What's there to say?"

Louis shrugged, "I like that. Less is more, right?"

Harry nodded and looked back at the pages he was so desperately wanting to return to. Unfortunately, Louis wasn't going to let him end this that easily. No, Louis was quite interested in the boy sitting so oddly tucked away in his sweatshirt. He was curious.

"Why don't you come hang out with us?"

Harry looked back up at Louis, connecting blue with green once more, as he shook his head. "I'd rather not, but thank you for the offer."

"Why not?"

"I don't fancy big groups like that. I'd rather just curl up and read this book."

Louis looked down at the book Harry was grasping so tightly onto. "Call Me By Your Name? I've never heard of it. What's it about?"

"It's beautiful, but I'll let you find out what it's about. You should read it someday."

Louis smiled, "Maybe I will."

Harry thought that maybe their conversation was finally over and that maybe the caramel boy would turn and return to his friends, but he was mistaken once more.

"You have curly hair."

"And you have straight hair?" Harry was getting a little bit annoyed at how pushy the boy hovering over him was. And he had just noticed how awkward their position was, Harry huddled under his sweatshirt, and Louis lurking over him, looking down at him like he is scolding his child. Louis must've noticed too because he bent down and propped himself by sitting on his heels, sending a strong aroma towards Harry. He even smelled of caramel.

"Yeah, but everyone's got straight hair. You're special."

Harry shrugged. If only Louis knew how untrue his statement was. "Not really. Just born different."

"I wish I was born different."

"No you don't." Harry muttered as he looked back at his book, rereading the same sentence he's been trying to get through for the last five minutes.

"Why not? Why do you think being like everyone else is so good?"

"Because then there's no pressure. You don't feel like everyone is staring at you."

"Oh I completely disagree. Working your hardest to fit in and be like everyone else seems so tiring and a waste of energy. Letting yourself be you and showing off what makes you you seems so much more fun, does it not?"

Harry shrugged. He just really wanted to get back into his book.

"You really don't like talking do you?"