fifteen

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

TAP. TAP. TAP. TAP.

Harry's eyes shot open as he left the fantastic world of his dreams.  He groaned as whatever he had just been dreaming about completely left his memory and left him dazed and confused.

TAP.

He shot up in bed and snapped his head to the window.  He was nothing but confused as he waited for something to happen.  He rubbed his eyes and was about to go back to sleep when suddenly...

TAP. TAP. TAP. TAP.

A cluster of small rocks and pebbles came clashing against his window, creating the same loud ruckus that had woken him up.  He glared as he shuffled his covers off of him and stumbled his way to the window.  He unlocked the latch that kept the window closed, and pushed open the old and fogged white-framed glass.

"Hey sleepy head."

Harry rubbed his eyes as his vision cleared up.  It was pitch black out so he saw nothing but the mere silhouette of a person about fifteen feet below him.  Needless to say, that didn't stop him from knowing exactly who it was.

"Louis?"

"Hey Hazza."

Harry didn't know if his heart was rapidly accelerating because of his recent awakening or because of how flustered he got whenever he was in Louis' presence.  

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked, but slurred all of his words together and Louis had to pause for a second to coo at how adorable he sounded as he rubbed his eyes.  "It's way past midnight."

"Mhm, it's two in the morning."

"Louis!  Go to bed!"

"But I can't sleep and I thought we could, I don't know, sneak out and have fun."

Harry grumbled.  He wanted badly to just plop back down on his bed and return to the world of his dreams, but a part of him was whispering and begging that Louis was his dream.  

Louis frowned as he watched the tall boy, lacking a shirt and wearing only briefs, disappeared from his sight and back into his room.  He suddenly got very sad.  Harry didn't want to see him.  That seemed to crack his heart slightly as he turned and started to make his way back to his house.

"Hey, where are you going?"

Louis didn't know he could turn around so fast.  He flipped his whole body and looked up to see the light illuminating the fit silhouette of Harry, perfectly outlining his curls and broad shoulders.

"I thought we were going out?"

Louis could hear Harry's laugh as Harry climbed out of his window and down the conveniently placed trellis up the side of the house.  He pulled himself down slowly and carefully as Louis stepped forward and put out his arms in preparation for a possible fall. 

Harry made his way down until he was two feet off of the ground and jumped the rest of the way down.  He made an 'oomph' noise as his knees bent into the landing.  He truthfully could not see a thing as he looked around and searched for Louis.  The sky above them wasn't pitch black, in fact it had a pretty blue tint to it, but it was, for the most part, blanketed by the large and deep tree covering. 

"Louis, where are you?" Harry whispered, making it almost sound like a hiss as he felt hands grab his forearms.

"I'm right here Hazza."