Chapter 3

"Jason, have you packed your sh*t yet?" 

I huff a big dramatic sigh. "Yeah, I'm all set." 

"Good, I'm not carrying it," 

"You never did Heather...you never did..." 

      I was planning to run away that night. That's why I'm the one with a bunch of crap in grocery bags. Clothes, flashlight and first aid kit. It isn't my first time doing so. I was able to stay hidden for four months at the age of nine. But I didn't go far enough and was found by the cops. F*cking cops... bastards... anyways, I went to the big ol' prom for the free food. The only thing I needed to run away successfully.

      After taking a few plates of mini cinnamon rolls, I saw Heather covered in blood, grape punch and water. I watched her from under a table. After seeing Betty Finn's body in the doorframe of the other side of the auditorium, I noticed Heather hunched over her back and...

cried. 

            those tears unfroze a lake in my heart. Then, it wasn't just about me running away. It was about taking her with me. Maybe it'll stop me from going insane of loneliness. 

"Jason," She stands at the door ready to leave. "You set?" 

"Yeah one sec, Heather." 

One more thing. 

My seven eleven coupon book. 

I lift myself up from the bed. 

Ugh, f*cking knees. 

Ready.