Chapter 12

⚠️TW⚠️  ⚠️MENTIONS OF ASSULT⚠️    

  The thump from the door was enough to make me drop the letter and move towards the noise. A fallen JD near a couple of cops convinced me I had f*cked up.

"Let him go!" I call out after him, having no idea what I'm doing. 

"And who are you," Someone in a coat twists around to respond. 

"I'm his..." I remind myself he's passed out. "girlfriend."

Chloroform is a wonderful thing isn't it? Because that's what was used on me too.

 It's only until I pass out too that my world is truly... dead

 Years of building myself up, until a masked vigilante threw a brick into the window, stealing everything I know

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You couldn't wait any longer?" 

"..." 

"Whatever, we shouldn't even be talking... you should go."

A cold shiver runs down my back as I lift myself up from the ground.

"You took way too long," JD mocks. "Guess where we are!" 

My eyes unblur slowly. We're in the place we had been avoiding for so long. A place I had only seen in film or TV. I avoid his eyes and mutter, "How," 

"No clue. We're in deep sh*t." He puts an arm behind his head, as if to scratch his hair, but never does. 

"Did you get a phone call," I stare at his feet. 

"No-" His voice jumps a pitch, and his foot goes behind the other, as if on cue. 

"Look," I finally return my gaze to his. " I don't know what kind of stunts you pulled at your old school, but they won't work here, this is different, and I'm not a naive giggly skank, so don't lie, how did they find us, who did you call."

"I can answer that." A balding, fat policeman interrupts. 

"Come with me," 

He opens a lock in the rails, and extends his hand to me. 

"You stay," He stares at JD, and locks the rail after I step out. 

My black sweatpants fold up against my flip flops, moving along matching the footsteps with the officer. 

"I understand you came here with the boy," The man's arms creeps up to my other shoulder.

"But you could leave-" His grip gets tighter. "With me..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No. Wait. This didn't happen. What happened? Where am I? This didn't happen, we were kidnapped, right? 

Ẏ̵̩̻̖̱͇͒̀̓̒̆͝ǫ̸̡̗̻̮͔̬͚̝̌̓̓̉͜ų̶̡̲̝͚̯̗̝̺̗͕̻̻͔͇̭̪̼͚̈͑̑͂̓̑͂͑͝ͅͅ ̴̧̛͇̥̫͔̦̰̣̱̓̋̌̓̐̅͘͜d̷̢̢̬͉̘͔̙͈͚̺̭̓͆͌ở̷̡̨̖͕͎͎̺̘̦̘̹͚̫̜̲̱̙̯̎̔͂͛͑̅̆̊͂̊̓̀̈́̅̋͌̎͘̕̚͝ͅn̸̢̝̟̬̯̯͓̗̪̰̤͕͖̣͌̏̈́̀̈́͌̈́̋͘͝͝͠'̸̧͚̘̣̞̯̐̐́̈́͒̆̓̒̾͌͑̈́̚ͅt̵̡̢͉͎̹͔̦̥̯̤̥̱͓͈̗͕͕̺͎̅̄̍͋̐͋̽͛͊͑̓̏̏̋̔͌̇̊͑̂̃͘̚͠͠ͅ ̸̧̝̘̩̞͗̎͑̇͆̈̈́̋͐͒̊̈́̓́̚̚k̷̛̪͗̀̄̄͘ṅ̴̨̧̗̻̫͉̟͕̰̙̤̻̝͈̗̳̦̖̳͓͉͇͎͔̜̋́̾̇͂̉̈́̉̽̎̿͒̾͘̚̚̕͝ͅǫ̶̨̛̫͉̜̩̦͍̞͙̠͆̂̔̇̎̇̉̏̏͒̏̏̀̀͛̑͆̔̑̑͊͘̕͝ͅẇ̸̛̝̜̣̰̦̝̎͌͊̐͂͌̔͗̔̾͊̊̀̓̊̑̍̍͗̀͝ͅ?̸̧̢̝̫̻͖͔͔̪̯͍̦̪͊̋̏ ̴̨̰̠̭̺͎̯͉̼̪̝̞̳̪̠̘͕̼̙͍̭̮̌́͋͌̾͗̌̚̕͘ͅ