Chapter 10.5

"Heather? Heather where are you?" A girl around nine or ten yells, her voice echoing in a black abyss.
"Kid? What the hell?" Heather flings the bedcover across the bed, and stumbling to the light switch. As soon as the lights turned on, Heather screamed as she fell to her knees. The girl's feet were a frozen shade of peach-ish purple, and above the ground like Heather and Heather. Her pink nightgown was torn in slashes. Just below her shoulder was a bloody scar, and a matching one along her left leg. Her strawberry brown hair was placed in two extremely messy braids, just about to come apart. The girl's words were jumbled, but every word was riddled with fear and desperation. However, one phrase stuck out to her older sister.

                              "Come find me."

At that moment, she lifted her head to Heather's relief, only to find candle wax where her eyes used to be, and a stitched up mouth replacing the smile of a once happy child. Ear shattering shrieks echoed in Heather's head. When she tried to scream a second time, nothing came out. The little girl's hands were all that were seen, swiping across Heather's sight before it fades to black.

She awoke in a cold sweat, gripping at her hair; and filling her eyes with tears. She turned her head to find the other half of the bed empty. She smells oil, eggs, and bread. Good bread.

[[This is to partially make up for the crappy last chapter! ]]