Chapter 4

[[Author's note: each font is a specific ghost. Underlined means they're thinking. Let me know if this is too confusing or doesn't make sense! ]]

...

He chuckles. "Are you okay? You've been tense this whole time."

Jason then messes with the radio knob and keeps driving as normal. 

Who knew this kid was into country music? Heather and Heather float in their bloody prom dresses. Apparently, ghosts are real. This is the worst time for me to find out. 

"I'm going to be stuck with you two as ghosts for the rest of my life,"

"What Heather?" 

"Nothing, Jason."

"Jason. Here, use my video walkman," I hand it to him, I had it inside my dress, just in case. 

"Uhm, okay," He takes it with his right hand, and puts on the headphones. He bops his head, an indication he isn't listening. 

I mutter loud enough for them to hear. "I can hear you, little shits."

"𝕄𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣."

"I can see you too. You aren't sly, I've been seeing you make fish faces the whole time,"

...

...

"So shut up."

"𝓗-"

"Both of you," I've been hearing them this whole time and tried to ignore them, but they're getting on my nerves enough for me to question killing them a second time. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Okay, one last pitstop, and we'll be there in thirty minutes. Wanna snack?"

Pondering the question for way too long than I should've, I just sit there. 

"Still waiting," He leans his head, and takes one of the earmuff thingies off. 

"Uhm, see if there's some sweatpants, a white tee shirt... and corn nuts."

"BQ?" He asks. 

"BQ."

Trench-coat nods, and slips the earmuff on again. 

"𝓗𝓸𝓫𝓸 𝓶𝓾𝓬𝓱, 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻?"

"Shut up. Heather?"

"𝕐𝕖𝕒, ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣?"

"So what's the sitch? Like, why are you guys here?"

"ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕤𝕦𝕡𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨?"

"It's just you two?"

"𝓝𝓸, 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓮 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝔀𝓷'𝓼 𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓸." Heather remarks.

"𝕊𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕚𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕦𝕥 𝕦𝕡 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣-"

"𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓱𝓾𝓽 𝓾𝓹! 𝓦𝓱𝔂 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓮 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵? 𝓦𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓻𝓲𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓱𝔂, 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓵 𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱, 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝔀𝓮 𝓭𝓸? 𝓦𝓱𝔂?"

"𝕆𝕙."

"𝓘'𝓶 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰. 𝓘'𝓶 𝓽𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓵𝓵𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓽." Before leaving, she sticks up a middle finger. 

Bitch.

...

I look to my left to see the door has opened. 

"Corn nuts for you," He remarks, tossing over a small plastic bag.

"Powdered sugar donuts for me, and your clothes," This time, he throws over the entire white plastic 7-eleven bag. 

I smile. "Thanks, Bo Diddly."

"Anytime, Veruca Salt,"

Uhm...

He breaks into laughter. "I'm joking,"

Haha. "Good to know,"