EIGHT

The Gryffindor quidditch team was not happy to be trudging up to the quidditch pitch on a drizzly November evening. Olivia was bundled in her Gryffindor scarf and jumper making the others laugh whilst she indignantly cried, "leave me alone I get cold easily." 

George turned to look at her pouting his lips and making an "awh" sound to which earned an eye roll from Liv, turning back around a smirk on his lips he earned a slightly confused look from his brother.

Olivia had heard that Oliver Wood took quidditch seriously, but she could never believe just how seriously until she spent the last two hours nearly falling asleep onto Harry Potters shoulder as Wood drawled on and on about the new tactics they would use for each house. When they finally kicked off from the ground it was growing dark.

"Come on Pugh, thought you said you could fly," George shouted across the pitch as Liv narrowly missed a bludger.

"Your jobs to stop the bludgers Weasley, or were you just too busy watching me fly to remember," she replied with a cheeky grin knocking the bludger back his way and flying off to score a goal. The practice went rather late into the night. By the time it was over Olivia could barely hold her arms up.

"I feel like jelly" she muttered to the twins holding on to their shoulders as she slid off her broom making them smile fondly at her.

"Here," George said taking the broom from her and stowing them into the broom closet. The three walked back up to the common room the others lagging behind slowly.

"I want a cup of hot chocolate and my bed" Liv stated collapsing onto the sofa opposite the fire making the first year doing her homework on the armchair jump. The twins agreed and chucked down their bats making three steaming mugs appear in front of them. Gripping the mug carefully, George slid onto the sofa moving Olivia's legs and placing them back down on his lap. The girl tried not to react to the surge of electricity that ran through her when he touched her instead, she took a sip and let out a sigh of delight. The three sat like this for a while too tired to speak or move, listening to the radio in the background as the other members of the team piled in collapsing near them or going straight to bed. Eventually, after Liv almost fell asleep a few times she dragged herself to bed grunting at the twins as a goodbye.

"Well well well Georgie," the older twin said swinging himself onto the sofa to face his twin "as the uglier twin I never thought you'd manage to find a girl under my shadow." George looked at him with a puzzled expression. Cocking his eyebrow making his brother explain further.

"Oh don't think I haven't seen the way you two look at each other, one of you is always staring at the other." He said with a wiggle of the eyebrows making the younger twin laugh.

"Dunno what you're on about, come on let's go to bed" George replied putting the conversation to a firm end.