TWENTY

The sun was starting to rise over the trees illuminating Olivia's elegant features, George couldn't help but stare at her, she was absolutely mesmerising. She looked so stately when asleep, it was clear she belonged to a long and noble bloodline but that was forgotten about the minute she opened her mouth, she was her own person despite all of the people telling her she shouldn't be. She was so funny, but not in the way he and Fred were, yeah, she could pull the best pranks and have the whole house in stitches without even trying but she was sarcastic and witty. It probably came from her not so perfect childhood; it was a defence mechanism, but he could see what was beneath. He was so lucky that she let him see under her façade, the girl she truly was, a kind-hearted loving yet scared soul. He remembered first meeting her how she couldn't even make eye contact how she gets too shy to talk to people outside of her friendship group. The way she'd play with her hair and stare at her feet when they'd make her come talk to someone she didn't know. It was adorable. 

"You're staring." She mumbled her voice deep with sleep.

"Mooorning," he replied smiling as she stirred lifting her head off his shoulder her cheeks growing red as she realised, she'd fallen asleep cuddled into him. She tried to flatten her hair and rubbed her eyes embarrassed that he was seeing her like this just knowing that her curly hair was probably resembling a bird's nest right about now.

He laughed at her and lifted his hand and tucking a strand oh hair behind her ear, his thumb stroking her cheek as she did so making her blush even harder at the feel of his calloused thumb and intense eye contact. She let out a nervous giggle and pushed herself into a more upright position sitting next to him their sides still touching. She placed her hand on his outstretched thigh and leant against him mentally cursing herself as she did so, that was so forward god why did she do that, her worries melted away as he placed his hand over the top of hers squeezing it and looking down at her.

"You're cute," he told her looking at the pink flush on her cheeks and her still slightly puffy eyes. She looked away and giggled

"So are you." She told him with a challenging smirk feeling a sudden rush of confidence as she sunk back into him watching the sunrise over the forbidden forest. "It's beautiful" she said breaking the silence watching how the orange tones mixed with the pink lighting the entire sky.

"It really is," George agreed, yet he wasn't watching the sky he was observing the way her eyes flitted over the landscape the way her chest rose and fell as she breathed the pink sky casting a warm hue over her very being.

She turned to face him a lopsided grin spread over her face, "thank you."

"What for?"

"Everything, making me laugh, letting me forget. Just being you." She told him looking up at him despite how embarrassed she felt. "God I sound so gooey." She laughed.

"You really are adorable," he told her once again tucking her hair behind her ear but this time he didn't move his hands kept them on the sides of her face. His eyes glanced down to her lips they looked so inviting he just wanted to kiss her. He was trying to get up the courage to do so when she leaned in and crashed her lips against his. He was taken aback it took him a few seconds to fully understand what was happening then it hit him he was finally kissing the girl that he had wanted to for the longest time. He melted into the kiss his thoughts going fuzzy as she ran her fingers through his hair, and he wrapped her arms around her waist.

They stayed like this for a while both glad to be in each other's embrace before the girl pulled away. "God Weasley, your morning breathe really is terrible." She told him a hint of mischief flashing in her eyes as she winked at him.

"Oh, shut up would you." He laughed placing a kiss on her forehead. "Let's get out of here before someone finds us." The pair scooped up their belongings and made their way down the stairs holding hands and laughing on their way to the common room.