TEN

"Ah, hello there Miss Pugh." The Headmaster greeted the girl gesturing for her to take a seat as she returned the pleasantries. "You're not in trouble dear, there's no need to look so nervous" he continued making the girl in front of him visibly relax. "I merely wanted to inquire after your Mother."

"Oh," she replied, "well she's as well as can be expected I suppose."

"It must be hard for you being away from her so suddenly and for so long," he replied with a sad smile. Olivia didn't reply, not fully understanding why she was having this conversation with her headteacher.

"Professor, I'm sorry but did you ask me here solely to talk about my Mother?" she asked hoping that she wasn't in trouble but finding the conversation bizarre.

"Well I'm afraid this might be a little bit of an uncomfortable conversation topic, but I wanted to talk about your family."

You could practically see the breath catch in the girls' throat. Her discomfort was visible on every section of her body, her back straightened and a slight look of distaste positioned itself on her face.

The man continued on, "In the event of your Mothers unfortunate passing your Grandmother is attempting to get full custody over you."

Oliva's heart dropped, she loved her Gran but there was no way she'd be able to live with her, it would be torture, trapped with her Gran and all those death eaters. And the fact that she'd been actively disappointing her Gran these last few weeks would defiantly not help the situation.

"I know it is unorthodox, Miss Pugh, but I am letting you know that even in the darkest of times, the light within you will keep you safe. Have strength in yourself and you will be able to come out of the dark." Olivia nodded not really listening to the man's waffle instead dwelling on the fear in the pit of her stomach.

The conversation carried on for another half an hour Dumbledore enquiring after the people her Gran interacts with and asking about her Mothers treatments. Olivia walked down the winding staircase lost in thought not even seeing the two redheads who were leaning against the gargoyle waiting for her.

"Liv," Fred said knocking the girl out of her thoughts.

"Oh, hey boys," she said with a feeble attempt at a smile.

"What happened?" They asked in unison expecting the worst. "We'll join you in detention, help you with it so it goes faster." George offered feeling guilty she was the only one in trouble.

"Oh no, it wasn't about that" she muttered barely audible.

"Good" the boys relaxed regaining their normal joyous composure. However, it quickly vanished when the girl in front of them just combusted into tears. Trying to hide it she walked down the corridor gaining pace, embarrassed that the twins were seeing her cry. All she wanted was to hide in her dormitory and cry on her own into her pillow.

Recovering from their shock the boys picked up their pace and caught up with the girls demanding to know what the matter was. Not trusting herself to speak Liv simply wrapped her arms around the boys in front of her letting them hug her as she shook in their chests. Fred pulled away assuming his brother would as well but he stayed there stroking her hair as she sobbed.

They were almost at the portrait hole when the most unexpected thing happened. Draco Malfoy turned around the corner,

"I knew you two were a bit weird but even I didn't think you'd share a girlfriend." He sneered approaching them to see who the strange girl was. He froze when Olivias tearstained face turned towards him.

"Livy," he said his expression was one that the other boys couldn't place.

She stepped forwards George expecting the girl to explode. Instead, she didn't, she took another step closer to Draco and said one-word "Grandmother" before collapsing into the boy's open arms. The twins didn't know how to react, their new friend was crying into the arms of one of their biggest enemies who they were under the impression she had hated too. They stood like this for a while before Olivia finally pulled away. Holding eye contact with the boy he told her.

"We have no choice"

"There is always a choice," She replied shaking off her breakdown.

"There she is, see you around Rocky" he smirked walking back down the hallway.

"See you Malfoy."

The pair climbed into the Gryffindor common room; Olivia went to walk away but her hand was grabbed by George who led her to a table in the corner of the room.

"I don't want to talk about it George," She said not looking up from her shoes.

"That's fine. I'll be here when you want too," he replied setting up a game of wizarding chess. The two played in silence until Olivia finally spoke.

"I'm so embarrassed."

"Don't be."

They played on making noises of annoyance every time they lost a piece.

"I can't believe I cried," she muttered.

"We all do it."

"I don't." This provoked a reaction from the boy,

"What do you mean."

"Crying is a sign of weakness and I am not weak." She replied simply as if this was obvious, however, this seemed to outrage the boy. He stopped playing and looked up at the girl.

"Olivia, that's not true." She went to reply but wasn't given a chance. "Crying is healthy, it shows that you care. I know that you are not weak, being able to deal with your emotions is not weak Olivia."

The girl avoided the boys stare deep down knowing he had a point.