FOURTEEN

"Get up Sleepyhead," Angelina said shaking Olivias body for what seemed like the 20th time. 

"Oi," Alicia bellowed flinging herself onto the still sleeping girls bed. "Get up, it's the last week before the holidays!" Christmas was fast approaching at Hogwarts and whilst most teachers were in the festive spirit and not setting much work Snape most certainly wasn't. The fourth-year Gryffindors didn't join in with the happy conversation at breakfast as they struggled to finish a particularly gruesome essay from Snape that was due in about twenty minutes.

The dungeon was even colder in the winter, Olivia felt a shiver run through her spine as she sat down on her cold wooden chair. Staring down at her potions book looking at the effects of wolfsbane her mind started to wander, she found herself thinking about the same thing she has been for weeks. She had five days to chose if she was going to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas or if she was going to go home to her family, to her Grandmother. She had made it very clear that if she was to return home then Olivia would have to start acting like one of the pureblood elitists she despised so much. She was snapped out of her daydreams by Professor McGonagall who had entered the dungeon with a rather solemn expression.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Severus, I need to take Miss Pugh up to Dumbledores office."

The room went quiet and Olivias friends shot her concerned looks and every prank she'd done with the twins ran through her head. It was clear that Professor Snape was not happy his lesson had been interrupted but he couldn't vocalise this, if the headmaster wants to see someone, he gets to see someone.

McGonagall led the young girl out of the classroom with a comforting hand placed on her back. "Don't worry dear, you're not in trouble." They walked in silence a deep dark sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She knew something was wrong but she couldn't place it, her mind filled with worry as her feet carried her to Dumbledores office.

"Ah Miss Pugh, I'm afraid that I have some bad news for you." Dumbledore greeted the twinkle in his eyes gone. Olivia lowered herself into the chair in front of her. "I'm sure you don't want me too beat around the bush so I'm just going to come out and say it. "Your Mother passed away a few hours ago. Your Mother is dead,"

He continued speaking but Olivia didn't hear anything, her stomach dropped she didn't hear or see anything, everything was black but spinning at the same time. She felt like she was going to fall over.

"If you'll excuse me," Olivia said using all of her strength to push herself up from the chair and make her way over to the door, in the corner of her eye she say McGonagall reach out to stop her but something Dumbledore said stopped her.

She walked down the stone steps every footstep echoing, reverberating through her making her feel more and more alone. Her feet kept moving but she didn't know where she was going, she let her legs carry her as she tried to process what she was feeling. Yet she didn't know how to, reaching the marble gargoyle the girl let out a shaky breath. As if by instinct she shook her head slightly and started to take some deep breathes, she walked through the deserted halls of her new beloved school doing what she always did when she didn't feel in control.

In 2... 3... 4... hold 2... 3... 4... out 2... 3... 4...

She didn't quite know what she was doing, she was stopping a panic attack which is normally a good thing but this wasn't a normal situation. Her mother was dead, how was she meat to react, she should be mourning her with her family, crying by her bedside, that's what they did I films but Olivia didn't think she had any family anymore.

She continued to walk through the halls passing by the Great Hall and continuing on downwards repeating those words over and over again.

Your Mother is dead.

Your Mother is dead.

Your Mother is dead.

She kept walking until she heard the surge of students, the lesson must be over, the halls being full all of a sudden jolted Olivia. She froze, in the middle of the hallway. She stood there people pushing pass her as she couldn't urge her feet to move.

She heard her name being called from a distance, but she couldn't react, she couldn't do anything she just stood there still. She felt a hand on her shoulder, but she couldn't think who it belonged too. She felt them turn her around and she was head-on with someone's chest, she looked up and saw some red hair but couldn't register the rest. All she knew in her uncomprehensive state was that she trusted this person.

"My mums dead." She muttered a single tear falling down her cheek.

She heard an increase in the noises around her and lots of hands-on her but still, she didn't move. Then it was just one set off the hands on her, a pair of strong arms were wrapped around her waist. She felt herself melt into the arms and a part of her hoped they'd never let go. But they did, she straightened up again and stood their once again unable to move. A large hand entwined with her and another hand went back around her waist, the stronghold started to guide her the other way, never letting go just holding her tight until she was sat in the Gryffindor common room. Her back rigid on the sofa in front of the fire, her hands entwined with the tall ginger resting in his lap as the other school members sat around her no one talking.

"Why the long faces?" Hermione asked falling into the Gryffindor common room the other members of the golden trip in tow.

"My mother is dead."