EIGHTEEN

Olivia spent the weekend mostly hiding in her room she had a few conversations with her friends but mostly she just wanted to sleep. The girl was completely exhausted, she hadn't been able to get much sleep at her Grans it wasn't really a warm and comforting place where you could just lay down and feel nice and safe falling into a leisurely slumber. She spent the entire Saturday in her bed drifting in and out of sleep her nightmares not as strong and vivid wrapped in her thick red duvet. 

Finally not feeling tired anymore she pulled her covers off of her looking up at the clock that said 8:30 everyone would be back from dinner now, she might take a trip to the kitchens see if she could grab some leftovers she thought to her self as she made her way downstairs in her plaid pyjamas she probably should have changed out of if she had the energy.

Her friends were sat around the fireplace talking happily in smaller groups, once again when seeing her the conversation stopped, they offered her friendly smiles and al shuffled around awkwardly making space for her. She walked over but could sense the air of awkwardness, deciding she wasn't quite ready she told them she was going to get food.

"We'll come," the twins said, "We missed our favourite girl" George continued, Olivia felt the heat rise to her face even if George said we hearing favourite girl come from his lips made her feel funny. She didn't have time to say she'd rather be alone and now that it was the twins coming with her, she wasn't sure she would be.

They both linked an arm through hers and lead her out of the common room a laugh escaping her lips when he ruffled her hair. They walked down the halls together arm in arm ignoring the weird looks and whispers that seemed to follow her around the school. Her favourite boys told her all about the pranks and mischief they had caused since she'd been away. They'd been torturing Snape who had been calling "Rockwood, Olivia" in every potions class during her absence. The greaseball had an intense amount of permanent hair and skin dye and glitter all over him.

"Hello Myrin" Olivia greeted her favourite house elf. "Would I be able to get a bite to eat?"

"Of course Miss Olivvy" He replied in a high pitched squeak, Olivia smiled at the name shed told him to call her at the start of the year. "Oh, hello master Weasleys," the small creature said with a wide-toothed grin. "How are you two, would you like some more custard creams for your canaries."

"Shhh," Fred said dropping down to the house elf's height, "Myrin you can't expose all of our secrets," he said with a wink.

The three left with their arms and pockets full of food and started making their way up to the Gryffindor common room. As they started to approach the tallest tower in the castle the girl started to slow down realising, she didn't really want to go back just yet.

"What is it?" George asked noticing she was lagging behind him and his brother.

"It's, well it's silly" she replied suddenly interested with her shoes not making eye contact with the two tall gingers looking at her.

"Come on Liv, you know you can tell us anything," Fred said placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Well, it's just you two are the only people who treat me like I'm normal." She muttered quietly, "everyone's so careful around me, scared they'll say the wrong thing and I might explode, it's like their walking on eggshells around me, scared I'm going to crack." She confessed still not looking up and trying to hold back her tears knowing it was dumb to cry over this.

George slung his arm around her shoulder, "Come on follow me." He shot a look to Fred which he seemed to understand, as he gave his brother the rest of his food and said he'd see them in twenty minutes. George led the girl away from the tower talking nonsense as always.

"You're the strongest person I know," he randomly told her stopping in the corridor and facing her, "You know that right?" he told her looking deep into her eyes with an expression she couldn't quite explain.

She giggled brushing him off and kept walking forwards.

"I mean it Olivia" he continued on catching up with her and their feet falling into a steady pace. "I know you've got a lot going on and I know that something must have happened to you when you were gone but I also know that you are strong enough that you'll be okay."

"George, please" she whispered feeling incredibly uncomfortable.

"No, you need to hear this Olivia Rockwood, you are going to be okay." Tears started to pool in her eyes.

"Don't call me that." At her sharp tone, Georges expression changed making her regret her tone instantly. They walked onwards Olivia not being able to stop herself as she told him about her stepfather and her real father the famous death eater. She even told him about meeting lots of the death eaters over the past month and a little about her Grans violence. She didn't dare however mention Voldemort and the promises she had made. By the time she had finished, they were at the entrance to the astronomy tower.

Her breathing hitched in her throat as George dropped the handfuls of food and wrapped her in a tight hug squeezing her against his chest. "I'm so sorry Olivia," he said quietly into her ear. He pulled away making the girl feel cold, wishing that she could stay like that forever. Bringing her head up to look at him blinking back the tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes. She was shocked at the look on his face, his eye was full of anger, a look of danger flashing over his strong features.

"That will never happen again." He told her venom dripping off his words, "I promise you, Olivia, that I will never let anyone hurt you ever again." His voice cracking as he turned away from her walking up the stone steps levitating the food behind the pair. Olivia didn't know how to reply so instead she laced her fingers through his squeezing her hand as they walked up the astronomy tower together not saying a word.