SIXTEEN

I just met fucking Voldemort Olivia kept repeating to herself. She couldn't quite get over it, she had just met some weird baby thing that apparently was the Lord Voldemort. What the fuck was going on? 

"Right just breathe," the girl said to herself as she paced around her room reliving a day she was sure she'd have to talk a lot about in therapy. The dark lord, he who must not be named had been at the end of her dinner table. She had to admit the man had balls, he was like a child, a bald slimy child but he owned it. He had confidence that's for sure. Liv nearly yelped when she'd seen him not because the most dangerous dark wizard was having a chit chat with her Gran but because he literally looked like a baby, he should have been in a high chair.

"You must be Olivia Rockwood, I've heard all about you." The lord fricken Voldemort said to her. Olivia wanted to reply with some witty response, she could have said that wasn't her name she could have made a joke about how he looked but instead she stuttered out.

"Y-y you know who I am?"

"Well, of course, you've been giving your dear Grandmother a bit of trouble haven't you." Yet before she had a chance to reply even though she didn't know how she'd reply a searing pain coursed through her it was over as quickly as it started but at the same time, Liv felt as if it lasted an eternity. The white-hot pain twisting in her stomach, her vision blurring and her legs giving out on her.

Oh my god did lord Voldemort just crucio me? she thought to herself. All the girl had come downstairs for was a cup of tea and maybe to throw some insults at her Gran. She pushed herself back to standing pulling her wand out of her pocket and holding in front of her ready to defend herself still not fully sure why on earth at 9 am she was about to try and battle the Voldemort at her dinner table.

"That's the fighting spirit I'm looking for." The man in front of her said, "you're facing the greatest wizard of all time and you seem to think you have the ability to battle me." Without even realising she was doing it the girl had rolled her eyes something he wasn't pleased with. She gritted her teeth expecting to be struck again and telling herself she would stay standing. Instead, an eerie calm covered the three.

"Why girl do you roll your eyes?" losing her cool Olivia stayed quiet hating how weak she was acting. "Answer me, Olivia, I want to know."

Taking a deep breath Olivia steadied herself and took a step closer, "You are a murderer, not the greatest wizard of all time."

"Olivia," her Gran warned.

Instead of shooting some green sparks, Voldemort raised what would have been eyebrows on a normal person's face. "Then who do you suppose is the greatest wizard of all time?" he asked her.

Gaining some composure, the girl took a deep breath and answered, "Well there are a few, Dumbledore obviously, Helga Hufflepuff, Nicholas Flammel, maybe Newt Scamander, Godric Gryffindor, Miverna Mcgongalls quite a good one oh, of course, Merlin, maybe even Harry Potter." The girl reeled of names counting on her fingers as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Oh, and then there's Ollivander, that Grindelwald bloke, there's this really smart first year at school, he's been put in third-year potions so him as well, you're maybe like the 20th best wizard but that's pushing it." She continued on feeling more and more confident with every word.

The look on both her Gran and Voldemort's face could have been almost comical, it was clear he had never been spoken too like this, he reared his wand and Olivia did to attempting to cast protego. Even if he wasn't the greatest wizard of all time, he definitely was more powerful than Olivia which showed when the girl fell to the ground biting into her tongue to extinguish her screams. The taste of blood allowed the girl to anchor herself focusing all of her pain and anger into her chest she sat upright and fixed Voldemort with her pale stare.

"Come on" she spat out looking him straight in the eyes.

The rest of their meeting went by in a blur the girl stuck on the floor all of the time trying her hardest to stay sat upright and not show how much pain she was in. She used her pain as an anchor. Soon a routine was formed, Voldemort would ask her a question about her friends or Hogwarts she wouldn't answer, and he'd scream crucio. Then he'd ask who the greatest wizard was she'd reply with a name that wasn't him and she'd be cursed once again. Her favourite reply was 'that guy who wrote those songs, think he's called David Bowie, there's no way he's a muggle.' This was met with a particularly long curse.

Olivia made her loyalties very clear, "I am not and will not ever be a death eater" she screamed as the white-hot pain yet again ran through her body. "I am ashamed of my family" she bellowed, "My name is Olivia Pugh, and I will ruin the Rockwood's purity line." "I would rather be a mudblood than a member of the 28" she spat out looking at her Grandmother. Olivia was completely exhausted by the time that Voldemort left, and she was completely broken pacing in her room.

She sat on her bed utterly disappointed in herself, she'd caved, she had accepted a task, she had to find some diary. It didn't seem like a big task and it didn't seem like it would be important in causing any harm, that's partially why she accepted it and that she just couldn't take any more pain.

She collapsed onto her bed looking at the muggle sympathy card from her friends. That settled it she had to go back to Hogwarts, diary or not she couldn't stay in this house any longer. She had to go back and she had to go back tonight.