TWENTY TWO

The practice only went on for a few hours so it was still light and a rather nice evening by the time they touched back on the floor, Liv changed back into jeans and a t-shirt and told herself she'd go for a walk. She strolled out of the changing rooms telling the girls she'd see them later and shooting them a reassuring smile when they gave her worried looks. 

She set off on a stroll towards the forbidden forest when out of the corner of her eyes she caught a glimpse of Ginny Weasley who did seem rather upset. She walked over to her and sunk down on the tree trunk next to her.

"Hey Gin" she greeted with a friendly smile leaning her head against the tree so Ginny wouldn't see her staring at her tear-stained face.

"Oh hey," she replied getting up to leave. Olivia placed her hand on the girls' shoulder and pulled her back to the group placing an arm around her and pulling her into her chest.

"It's okay Gin, you don't need to tell me anything but you're not alone." They sat like that for a while Ginny's body racked with sobs as the older girl just held her letting her bury her head into her chest. Stroking her hair, she placed a gentle kiss in her forehead. "What's going on? Gin please talk to me; we can figure it out together."

"It's me" the younger girl croaked out her voice hoarse from crying. "I think it's me, I'm the one killing the roosters and leaving the messages on the walls. I did that to Mrs Norris, I petrified Collin and Justin." She sobbed, "I know you probably think I'm crazy, and I think I might be I keep blacking out and I wake up covered in feathers and what I thought was red paint, but-b-b-but it's not" she stammered "its blood."

Olivia didn't know how to process what she'd just been told, she held Ginny in her arms comforting her and telling her that it's not true that she's fine as her mind raced 100 miles a minute. She was trying to put the pieces together; she knew that something was going on. It was like she was trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle, but she was missing a piece, she was missing one crucial piece of information.

That's when it started to click, the pieces started to fall together, it had something to do with Voldemort she knew it had. What had he wanted her to do again? Find a diary get it to Harry, what had Luna said? Ginny had a diary that was making her act funny.

The diary she was meant to get, to give to Harry. This was all her fault if she had done what she'd been asked then this wouldn't be happening to Ginny, but it would be happening to Harry. That settled it she would do her task; she would get that diary but it wouldn't go to Harry. If it was going to go to try and control anyone it would try her. She was stronger, older more able, and if this diary was going to try and control her she was going to put up one hell of a fight.

She walked back to the Gryffindor tower a supportive arm around Ginny who seemed to be getting weaker, she was greeted by her friends in the common room but she told them she'd be back in a minute. Never letting go of Ginny's waist she went to her dorm with her ignoring the questioning look from Ron and Hermione. She tucked the younger girl into bed squeezing her hand and kissing her on the forehead the 11-year-old clearly sleep-deprived her stress making her more and more childlike.

"I always wanted a sister," Ginny whispered before closing her eyes.

"I'll be your sister Gin, you can always talk to me" Olivia whispered watching the girl fall asleep and standing up quietly. She searched the room before coming across what she was looking for an old leather-bound book. She placed it in her bag and left the room closing the blinds as she did so.

"Hey, I was looking for you," George said to her once she walked back down the stairs.

"Oh sorry" she replied with a weak smile clearly exhausted "I was with Gin she needed someone to talk too."

"Getting in with the family, are we?" he asked with a smirk. She giggled before he asked about if she was okay, it was adorable just how much he cared for Ginny, he didn't always show it, but he really was a good older brother. She nodded, knowing she couldn't tell him the whole story.

"You look knackered," he told her pulling her down on to the sofa next to him.

"Thank you how charming." She giggled a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"I still think you look absolutely ravishing darling." He told her making her laugh.

"I'm tired" she muttered "too tired to move" she stated before stretching out on the sofa snuggling into George as she closed her eyes listening to Georges steady heartbeat.