gum

it was a friday afternoon and y/n was sat at the back like she usually does.

she was chewing a piece of mint, green gum while writing notes down for the lesson.

as y/n wrote out questions and answers somebody started calling for her.

"psst!" they whisper - yell.

y/n looks up and sees the love of her life - well that's what she likes to say - but in reality he was just a somebody that was just in a couple of her classes and that she passed in the halls.

her cheeks grew a red color since this was the second time time they talked.

"uh.. yeah mattia?" she asks, almost swallowing the gum from how nervous she was.

"i couldn't help but smell the smell of my favorite gum," he smirks. "can i have some?"

that sentence made y/n choke and break out into a coughing fit.

"uh? are you okay?" he asks as he looks down at y/n who was bending down so he wouldn't have to see her coughing.

y/n thought he meant the piece he had in her mouth.

"um.. if you don't have any left then that's fine." he shrugged.

"oh no it's fine.. i have some left." she held her hand out to stop him from turning back around.

y/n reached into her pocket and pulled out a packet of gum. mattia held out his hand and waited for the girl to drop one into his hand but before it could actually drop, y/n dropped the whole packet and they all fell out.

"oh my gosh," she huffs and rolls her eyes. "i'm so sorry." she said then began to pick them all up.

"nah, it's fine," he smiles at the annoyed girl and a soft smile forms on her lips as she continues to pick them up.

mattia reaches for one and then puts one in his mouth.

"nice." he grins and hands her the rest of chewing gum. "thanks."

"uh, no problem.."

"hey uh, to repay you for causing you to go through all of that.. um trouble how about i take you out tomorrow?" he asks.

y/n's eyes widen in shock. she gulps. "l-like a date?"

"yeah," he nods. "like a date."

"o-okay yeah."

"great!" he says a bit louder then he was supposed to. "i'll pick you up 5?"

"sure."

word count - 403