Backstory Part One

Backstory:

This is a story about a girl called Holly Sparrow, if that name sounds familiar in any way you might be familiar with my brother, the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow. Now that I mention I mention it I have a bit of a bone to pick with him. You see he set sail without me.

Flash back to 10 years ago

Jack had been captain of the might Black Pearl for three years sailing the world on the oceans fastest ship. I, his loyal little sister had sailed by his side since our dad thought I was old enough. Our father was always protective of me I think it's because our mum died when I was young and he didn't want anything to happen to me.

Since I had been sailing with Jack for so long I could usually tell what he was thinking or what he was planning but nothing could have prepared me for what he was planning right now.

We were heading for Tortuga, if you've never been to Tortuga let me try and paint the picture. It is the one place still untouched by the royal navy or any other monarch. It is a cesspool filled with booze, fights and floozies. It's every pirates dream. I can't lie I have had my share of fun on Tortuga, who couldn't with plenty of booze and beautiful women everywhere you look.

I was excited for when we be able to get off this ship, as much as I love it at the moment Jack was constantly breathing down my neck. Or it felt that way anyway. You see I had fallen in love but I couldn't tell Jack as he wouldn't find it "appropriate". I had fallen for his first mate, an older but by no means slower gentleman called Hector Barbossa. We had known each other for years with me being jacks sister and him being his first mate but only recently had we pursued each other in a romantic sense. This is why I am so excited to get to Tortuga, it will the first time we will get to spend some alone time together with the crew and Jack being everywhere on the pearl. The thing, for lack of better phrasing, between me and Hector had been going on for maybe six months or so, It's hard to keep track of time at sea. We haven't had any alone time, if you know what I'm saying. I was planning on getting us a room when we get to Tortuga.

We were nearing Tortuga when I heard Jack walk up behind me. He seemed really tense and rigid as did all the crew; normally there was music and happiness in the air when we headed for Tortuga. What could they be hiding from me? I dint have time to think about it because Jack started to speak

"When we get to Tortuga I have some things to do so I won't see you until we leave, speaking of leaving we will be leaving tomorrow morning, when it gets light. Savvy?"

"Aye, captain!"

I said with a smile, still unsure why he seemed so tense. Once again I hadn't the chance to ponder what could be wrong as Tortuga came into view.

The crew swiftly left the Pearl ready to spend whatever money they had on drinks and women. I also left rather swiftly making my way to book a room for Hector and I. As I walked away from the Black Pearl I saw Jack looking suspiciously at me while talking to Hector, I hope he doesn't suspect anything. Jack has always been a bit of a, how should I say it, loose cannon. Not many people could predict what he was going to do next or what he was planning. The one thing I did know was he was rather protective of me, though he would never admit it. I think he knew if anything happened to me on his watch our father would literally kill him.