Uncovering the key to Lightning's thunderous origins...

Ness' POV

I get out my laptop as i float in the sky. i frown as i continue my research. looking for info on the Ancient Race named 'Elevatoral Electropotential'. when i find something. it's a strange symbol..

 it's a strange symbol

Strange... i wonder what it means... i think to myself as i search for more information. I learn that is can't be painted on/over, nor can it be cut off. I also find it's something called a 'Race Symbol'... i look into that more and learn that a race symbol is a little design special to each race. but... the Ancient Race Symbols are special. the way the Ancient Race symbols supposedly work, is that there's different designs, each with different levels of abilities. Hmmmmm... what's this for...? i ask myself as i continue looking, i then find that the symbol i found was for the Elevatoral Electropotentials. Hmmm... it looks like an 'upgrade' symbol... i then find the rankings chart, and location graph. i manage to screenshot both tabs before i'm locked out. "drat!" i say with a growl. I then float back down to the ground, analysing the ranking chart. Hmmm... the little up arrow things appear to symbolize level of strength. and it looks like the highest it goes is 4 up arrows, 3 not including the original arrow... which means if Lightning is part of this Ancient Race. he'll be the highest it goes... and the correlating Symbol Location Chart says it'll be located directly under his ruff, on the back of his neck... completely out of the line of sight... Hmmmm, i wonder if he has a symbol... i then call up Lightning. "hey Lightning, i wanna talk to you about something" i say as i walk to town. "meet me at the cafe" I say as i walk, before hanging up. "just how much mystique is around this guy?" i say with a frown.

Lightning's POV

I frown as i walk through town, my fur rustling in the soft breeze. i frown and put up my hood so i don't attract unwanted attention. I hate that i was beaten twice... and now everyone wants  a piece of me... i growl and clench my paw into a fist. I then meet up with Ness. "so what did you want to talk about?" i ask with a smile as i order a coffee. "well... it's about your origins..." he says. "what do you mean?" i ask as i sip my drink. "i found something about these things called Ancient Races" he says. i sigh and shrug "oh, those. you're thinking i'm connected to that one race called ummmm... what was it called... Elevator Edecfopotential?" I ask with a frown. "close. it's called Elevatoral Electropotentials" i say with a chuckle. "yeah them. i can tell you now. i'm not part of some ancient race. so i'll just take my leave" i say and stand up. Ness then yanks my hood down and lifts up the back end of my ruff. I yelp and as he holds me with Psychic, after a few seconds he lets me go. to where i immediately pick him up by his neck. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" i yell with a growl. i frown and set him down. "i took a picture o-" he starts, but i cut him off "a picture? a picture of what? there's nothing under my ruff" i say, tilting my head in confusion. "i took a picture of this..." he says and shows me his phone. it showed my neon yellow fur, my snowy white ruff... and a... a strange symbol. "huh? what the fuck is that?"
(just for clearance, this is the Symbol. it's of course much smaller.) 

"now

"now... every one of the Elevatoral Electropotential Race Symbols are different, with the same arrows in the middle... but yours... yours is strange..." he says with a frown. "not only are the upgrade-style triangles a different colour, and... hold on... there's seven including the original arrow. but... the highest it could go to was 4 arrows tips, including the one full arrow..." he says as he analyses the photo. "what's that supposed to mean?" i ask as i put my hood back up. "i'm not sure... but the arrows measure strength and threat level... watch out for any government employees or operatives. i'll see what other research i can find" he says before he teleports away. "blah blah blah, government government government. they never come here" i say rolling my eyes. "I wonder where Azeva is..." i say with a frown as i walk away. 

???'s POV

I watch the Jolteon dash away through my scope. i then tap my earpiece twice. "sir? ah found 'em" 

Hope you enjoyed :D... oh? a new character joins the fight. do they fight for good, or for bad? perhaps both...~ who knows, only time... will tell...