Prologue ⭐️

I'm obsessed with this SasuHaru fan art omgg
Anyways back to the prologue!

~~~~~~~~

The world is tense, the air has shifted into one of uncertainty across the great ninja nations as the shinobi alliance is preparing to go into war.

On the flipside, my world has been as peaceful as its ever been, the war not even crossing my mind (even though it probably should've)

Ever since Sasuke left a couple of days ago, it's been really calm at the house. So calm that I've had to refrain from starting drama out of boredom.

But hey, Katsuro and I have both been able to sleep to our hearts content! But of course, he's still a baby, and he still has moments like this.

"Katsuro honey? YANK MY HAIR ONE MORE TIME AND ITS TIME OUT FOR YOU!" I pout, playfully patting his thigh as if I were really angry.

A small part of me is peeved, I did not go through weeks worth of growing out my hair for my son to betray me like this!

Isamu, seeing the way Katsuro merely giggles at me for reaching his little arm out and tugs at my hair again, decides to try and intervene. "Haru he's barely four months old"-

"Betrayal starts early, AND IT CLEARLY SHOWS!"

Isamu is left gawking at my words as I put Katsuro down on my bed, flipping my head over so I could easily bundle up all of my hair in a bun.

"Jeez, I wonder when the wars coming together, you need to let off some steam in the form of fighting." Isamu comments, and I look at him curiously.

"Oh? Why'd you think so?" I ask innocently, to which Isamu sweatshops. "No reason at all." He says sarcastically, but I don't really mind, plopping myself back down on my bed and smiling at Katsuro.

"Hey have you heard from Shinji? Reiji needs to come here and have their first play date!" I gasp, my heart fluttering at the idea of Katsuro and Reiji both already having little playmates in the form of their own cousins.

Isamu looks away awkwardly, and I sit up with an arched brow, "Isamu?" I question, and my wolf summoning sighs.

"Umm Shinji, he's joined the leaf for the war. Tsunade has woken up and vouched for him despite his crimes in the akatsuki to the rest of the elders. It worked, and he's on Konoha's side. I think it's just because he wants to oppose the akatsuki." Isamu reveals.

I stare at him with a dropped jaw processing the information with the speed of a turtle. "He- he's gonna help the leaf?! And THEY LET HIM?!"

Isamu nods quickly, repeating to me what he said about Tsunade, and I just lean back in shock.

What the hell is going on?

"Ugh what's Sasuke doing? What's Tobi's plan? All of this unknown stuff is making me nervous. He's against the leaf so he's gonna be fighting everybody!" I complain, bringing my hands up to rub my temples.

"As much as I'm not a fan, Sasuke is stupidly strong so I'm sure he'll be okay." Isamu says, mistaking my words for me needing comfort.

Well, he's wrong.

"No, I know that idiot is gonna be fine. However, he knows how not knowing what's going on makes me feel, AND INSISTS ON LEAVING ME OUT OF THE LOOP!" I complain, my anger coming out in the form of a sharp wooden peak morphing upwards from the ground besides Isamu.

Isamu yelps like a pup, and runs up on the bed to hide behind Katsuro's tiny body, looking comically large next to him.

"YOU REALLY DON'T THINK YOU NEED TO BLOW OFF SOME STEAM?!" He screeches, and I smile sheepishly.

"Maybe only a little?"

————————

Deciding that I'm literally going to go crazy if I spend one more day in the house when I'm not sleeping, I take it upon myself to pick him up and take him outside with me so that we take a peaceful walk.

"Katsuro honey, this is a tree! And that's called grass!" I exclaim, Isamu sweat dropping next to me. 

Much to my amusement, Katsuro's big red eyes quickly follow the direction in which I'm pointing, and he smiles every time I tell him what the object is.

Of course, he doesn't know what's going on. But he's such a smiley baby that he doesn't have it in him to be confused,  just giggly!

"Katsu you're SO CUTEE! I wanna just show you off! Tsunade would totally spoil you! And-" I ramble with a high pitched voice, pressing a big smooch on his cheek and smiling brightly when he giggles.

Wrapped up in my happy bubble, I don't notice the eagle flying above me, but Isamu sure does. He snarls instinctively despite knowing its Sasuke's summoning, and my eyes widen when the eagle lands on a tree branch in front of us.

As it sits there I snort out a laugh, looking down only to see Katsuro's curious gaze locked on the bird.

Ah he looks so much like Sasuke when he's in his little serious mode!

"Okay let's see what he has to say." I mutter, taking the message from the eagle and opening it with one hand, multitasking with Katsuro on my other arm.

My eyes glide over the paper analytically only to widen when I read its contents.

What the fuck is going on?!

---------

Hello my lovely readers! Fancy seeing you here in my final book in this series!

So, ofc this is just the prologue so it's a bit shorter, but lmk what you think!

I decided to spoil everyone with Katsuro cuteness!

Rip Haru's ALREADY itching for a fight lmaoo!

Oh, the literal song I was listening to when thinking of Haru in the war was Go Hard by Kreayshawn! Literally, if you want to feel Haru's vibes during the war, it's that song LOL!

What'd you think about Shinji joining Konoha for the war? (Remember he did form a close relationship w Kakashi when he was injured so-) But still, who could've seen that coming lol?

And finally, what could've possibly been in the letter that Sasuke sent Haru?! Any predictions?

Lmi all of ur thoughts and opinions! Tysm for the support and I hope you guys enjoy this book as much as the last two!!

See y'all next chap