Chapter 15 ⭐️

Author's note: LOOK AT FUTURE BABY KATSURO SO CUTEEE EJEIWJW (I had to crop the image so I wouldn't spoil a certain future character oop wink wink I wonder who it is...) LOL pls enjoy this chap, it's pretty long!! I hope y'all are ready to feel sad over Obito for a min I kinda teared up writing this fnjeaijnlk

-------

"We're going to kill all of those beasts right now, and then I'm going to get back my girlfriend."

In that moment, a kunai might as well have been stabbed through Sakura's heart. She held on to a glimmer of a hope initially, a small, hopeless glimmer in which she thought that the two were back to not getting along.

Perhaps she had blinded herself, not allowing herself to notice the way Sasuke didn't take Haru's apparent anger to heart, how the edges of his lips would quirk upwards at the sight of her when he thought nobody was watching, the way he was far more relaxed when she was near him. She didn't want to see any of that.

However, now she was forced to confront these very real facts, and she didn't know what to do with the heartache that came with it. The boy she's been helplessly in love with for years just admitted his relationship with Haru.

And there was nothing Sakura could do about it except stand there in shock.

"G-Girlfriend?" Sakura repeats much to Sasuke's dismay. "Why do you look so surprised?" Sasuke asks with an arched brow, figuring that he and Haru had acted pretty obviously before.

Sakura takes a step back once she hears his dismissive tone. Had he always been so dismissive towards her? She always thought he spoke to her on the same level in which he spoke to Haru, but now she wasn't so sure.

She easily realizes that her for her own sake, she's probably going to need to embark on a path of getting over him. However It's not so easy, you can't just fall out of love with somebody in seconds.

Sakura explicitly chooses to ignore it for now, to pretend she didn't just hear him confirm her fears. For now, for the sake of being able to fight, she'd play ignorant.

On the other hand, Naruto's gaze narrows almost automatically, feeling his chest tighten at the confirmation he was afraid of. The two really are still together..

Naruto at that point can't really help but let the ugly green monster of envy fill his heart for just a moment against the man he considers a brother in a complicated sort of way. The girl he's been pining after for years, the first girl to ever smile his way, just doesn't like him the way he likes her, she likes Sasuke.

Was I just a placeholder for Sasuke as kids when the two weren't friends?  Naruto thinks to himself dully.

-Naruto's memories-

"You're right I don't wanna be your friend!" Naruto yelled, exploding within his own emotions and completely catching Haru off guard.

"How can you be so unaware of my feelings!?" He asked in a total fit of frustration and anger, to which Haru's heart dropped.

"So I'm right, you don't want to be my friend?!" She asked, her eyes softening and her shoulders deflating.

Naruto could've sworn he felt his eye twitch in that very moment, feeling as though he were about to rip his hair out.

"I want to be more than friends! I've liked you for a really long time and-" Just as he's about to completely leave himself in an emotionally vulnerable state, He's interrupted by Sasuke entering the room.