Chapter 33 ⭐️

👀
•••••••

Haru's POV

Why is everything so blurry?

My eyes slowly open, and if it weren't for how disorientated I felt I probably would've flinched at the bright light invading my senses. Staring up at the ceiling with squinted eyes, I feel something different.

I'm not in my bed?

Still as disorientated as ever, I slowly turn my head over to the side, only to stare cluelessly at the heart monitor by the side of my bed. My eyes linger on the I.V drips hooked up to the monitor before letting my gaze fall on the monitor itself.

It's beeping steadily, aiding my clueless state. Am I in a hospital? Is this a dream?

For some reason I'm so exhausted that I don't even try to figure out what's going on, I just close my eyes once more and take a deep breath.

My peace and quiet don't last too long, as I'm startled by the noise of the door opening.

Eyes snapping open, my head slowly turned to the person who opened the door. The nurse at the doorway gasps, and she's looking at me like she's seen a ghost!

But again, I feel so drained that I could barely react and question her reaction.

"H-Haru Hime!" The nurse gasped, rushing into the room with her clipboard in hand. She looked panicked, I noted.

But why?

"Your husband just left! Oh my! I need to call Tsunade Sama- Wait! Okay. How are you feeling?!" The nurse rushed out the words in a scramble, noticeably flustered by the situation at hand.

She's young, probably new to the job. I thought, blinking up at the medic.

"I-"

God my throat is dry what the fuck?! I couldn't even get any other words out before cringing at the scratchiness my body betrayed me with. The nurse becomes even more panicked, nearly slapping herself in the face for her own stupid mistakes.

"I'm sorry! Let me fetch you a glass of water!" She gasped, checking over my vitals quickly before rushing out of the room once more. I swallow awkwardly, cringing at the feeling before using the little energy I have to sit up.

The room turned dizzy for a few moments, but I managed to stay up despite my body screaming at me to lay right back down. What happened? Why am I here?

Last thing I remember...hmm what was it?

I think I was in my backyard playing with Hiko! But then what? Where'd everyone go?

"Haru, oh my god!" A voice gasped, and before I knew it I was being squeezed in the arms of my older cousin, Tsunade. I slowly raised my arms to hug her back, confused beyond belief.

Did I faint or something? I've done it before but I never warranted this much of a reaction from her, what's going on?

I think I'm holding her back tightly, wanting to comfort her the best way I could despite not knowing the circumstances, but in reality, my grip is weak and barely there.

Tsunade notices and cringes lightly, separating from me with a relieved smile. "The other nurses called me immediately when they found out you woke up, tell me how you're feeling," Tsunade said, handing me a glass of water before waiting patiently.

I take the water in greedily, sighing at the feeling of the cool liquid flowing through my system. "I'm a little confused," I say handing the empty glass to Tsunade.