Chapter 10 ⭐️

(This Haru and Tobirama art had me crying lmfao Its in theme with this chap thats all I'm gonna say teehee)

--Third Person POV--

A cool breeze runs through the air in Konoha, leaves scatter around the feet of those passing by, leaving unnoticed goosebumps to arise on Haru's skin.

"I can't believe we're back here." Haru murmurs, hugging herself as she stands right next to Sasuke. She eyes the hokage monument, only to have her attention quickly torn away as she senses an odd surge in chakra coming from afar.

Her head turns quickly to the source as it's an overflowing amount, and It seems like the rest of the people in her group agree as they all look around despite not being sensory types themselves.

Orochimaru smirks at Haru's uncomfortable expression, knowing that as a sensory ninja herself she must be feeling overwhelmed by the surge in chakra.

"Let's go. Hurry and lead the way Orochimaru." Sasuke orders, realizing that it's Naruto's chakra and feeling rather iffy just standing around. Haru sighs as she tries to ignore the fluctuating chakra, raising the hood over her head so it masks her snowy white hair.

The group composed of Sasuke, Jugo, Suigetsu and Haru all run behind Orochimaru promptly, allowing him to lead the way to their destination.

Sasuke glances back at Haru out of habit only to frown at her expression. She's concerned, he could tell by the slight pout on her lips and the minuscule way in which her eyebrows crease together.

Whether it's because of the fact that she just sensed Naruto's chakra or because they're going to meet her ancestors he doesn't know, but he reminds himself to regain from pulling her to his side and asking her what's wrong.

Haru notices the pair of onyx eyes on her and looks at him silently, realizing that he caught her while she was making that expression, she smiles softly at him as though it'd clear his mind a bit and let him know she was okay.

Although her smile appeases him, he knows very well that something is still weighing heavily on her mind, but he still let's the situation go for now.

After countless minutes of running through the leaf village and to the outskirts of the gates, the group of five eventually stop in front of a broken down building. Haru eyes the Uzumaki clan crest at the front of the building curiously, feeling a rather eerie aura emanating from the building.

"So this is it..." Sasuke states, his stoic nature countering Haru's weariness.

"This place seems to be untouched." Orochimaru comments lightheartedly as he takes the first steps forward. Haru and Sasuke glance at each other before sparing a slight nod, taking Orochimaru's lead and walking behind him.

"It's in shambles!" Haru hears Suigetsu exclaim from behind her. She can't help but wonder, what the hell happened here?!

"Which one is it?"

"Let's see, it should be around here somewhere." He then allows a snake to appear from his cloak, and it moves about the wall of masks seamlessly, choosing the correct mask needed for the jutsu Orochimaru was about to perform.

"This place gives me the creeps. If we've found what we're looking for then let's get out of here!" Suigetsu suggests.

Haru agrees, allowing her ruby red eyes to roam along the wall of masks one more time before subtly grabbing on to Sasuke's cloak and nudging him in the direction of the exit.

She's been in many creepy bases and locations as a former member of the akatsuki, but geez did that place have terrible vibes, my chakra senses were all over the place in there! She thinks to herself as she starts slowly walking with Sasuke.