Chapter 29 ⭐️

This SasuHaru art is just *Chefs Kiss* LOL ❤️😭

••••••

The walk from the hospital to wherever Sakura and Haru were headed was terribly awkward, so much so that Haru regretted not bringing along one of her kids to interact with to fill the piercing silence between the two.

Both Haru and Sakura walked side by side at an uncomfortable distance, not too close that they'd be bumping shoulders but close enough that you could tell that they were together.

"Wanna eat there?" Haru asks, gesturing towards one of the many quaint restaurants which lined the streets of Konoha.

Sakura nodded silently, following after Haru who had stepped in the shop first, and greeted the employee at the front desk. The girls opt to sit at a small table suited for two seats across from one another by a window with direct views of Konoha's main street.

An awkward silence ensues between the two after a waitress comes and takes their orders, and Haru can't help but just stare outside of the window and watch as people walk by as she waits for Sakura to say anything.

And say anything she does.

"I'm so sorry." Sakura blurts out, instantly tensing up as she realizes she probably just sounded ingenuine due to her nerves and unease. Haru turns from the window in slight surprise, blinking dumbly at Sakura as she watches her straighten up and shake her head.

"No, that's not how I wanted to say this. Haru, I'm so sorry for everything I've done. And I do mean everything, from the moment we met as little girls I've never treated you fairly, and it only got worse from then on. You did absolutely nothing to deserve that!" She takes a breather and looks at Haru determinedly.

"I know that what I've done must've only added to everything you were going through, and I was wrong to treat you the way I did. If there's anything that I could do to make it up to you, I don't know, anything I could do to fix this, please just let me know." She pleads, running a hand through her shoulder-length pink hair as Haru stares at her blankly.

"I've been working on myself ever since you've left and realized how wrong I was, the longer I looked at my actions the more I felt like I understood you, and I hope that one day we can move past this, but that isn't my place to call and I get that. I just want to make everything right."

Haru stares calmly at Sakura, noting that she's seemed to have finished her mini-speech. Before she could directly address Sakura, the waitress comes with their orders. The two girls nod and thank the staff before returning to one another.

Haru grabs her tea, sipping it slowly as she thinks up the right words to say after listening to Sakura's apology.

"Okay."

Sakura's eyes widen, to which Haru tilts her head. "Okay...?" She asks aloud, letting the nerves sit in once more as she makes eye contact with the Senju.

Haru leans on the table, looking down at her tea as she swirls it around, processing everything Sakura's had to say.

"Sakura listen to me, I have two sons, and I'm married. As you saw back at the hospital, I have bigger shit going on than whatever happened between us. I don't have the time nor the effort to hold grudges over things that went down over five years ago like I was doing before."

She takes a breath before continuing.

"I could tell you're truly sorry, and I accept that. I accept your apology." Haru claims, looking up from her teacup to catch Sakura's wide-eyed expression.