[eret] C a r e f u l

[Eret and Reader]

Again, just a comfort writing for myself. This is just platonic, since I look up to Eret a lot. If he has any issues with this though I'll take it down. ^^

---

It was a chilly summer night.

The wind blew gently through their hair, a few strands fluttering in front of their eyes. It was dark out, but the luminous lights of the many buildings of the SMP seemed to make it so bright at the same time.

They sat atop the ridge of Eret's castle. They've done it countless times, enjoying the view it entailed. Sometimes, even Eret himself would join them.

Tonight was one of those nights. Sometimes, they would have sentimental moments, and get emotional, edged on by the calmness of their surroundings and the thoughts of if they really deserved all of it. They would tell themselves they didn't, occasionally swayed by the words of their friends, who reassured them that they did.

They really didn't know what they'd do without them.

"Ah, up here again, I see," a familiar voice remarked from behind them.

They turned their head, resting their eyes on the familiar face of Eret, who was wearing his glasses, as per usual. He was adorned with his normal crown and cape, looking like the king he was.

They nodded in response to the man's statement, moving over as to give Eret room beside them, despite there being a rooftop full of space.

"Isn't it quite cold up here?" Eret raised an eyebrow, making his way towards the other. His cape flickered behind him as he walked; a result of the oncoming wind.

They only shrugged, and Eret sat down beside them, looking out into the distance. There was silence between the two of them for a bit, but it was a comfortable kind of quiet. They cherished any amount of time that they could spend with the other, for Eret always seemed to make their day so much brighter. He was always so kind to everyone, fans and friend alike, which they couldn't help but admire him for, especially with the size of his fanbase.

"Is there something on my face," the British voice rumbled curiously.

"Glasses."

The man let out a gentle laugh at the comment. "I see! That's a good one, although I should have seen it coming."

They scoffed a , "You really should have," which resulted in Eret playfully nudging them with his elbow.

Things went quiet again, and as the wind started to blow colder, they hunched over, trying to keep warm. They almost didn't notice when Eret decided to drape his cape over them both, until they saw the man shuffle a little closer out of the corner of their eye.

"Thanks," they said with a smile, to which the British man hummed, nodding his head.

At times like this, they couldn't have been more thankful for such an amazing friend; for someone who - no matter what - was always there for them and took care of them.

To them, this is what true friendship was.

---

This is more or less a drabble, and sorry it ended off kind of boring. I'm tired, and it's 10:30 (exactly), so I'm probably going to sleep now.

You guys are amazing! ❤️