[eret] L o s t

[Eret and Reader]

---

They paced through the woods, an array of sticks and leaves crackling beneath their leather boots. It was late at night, and they had gone for a stroll, only to find themselves deeper in then they had originally predicted. Panic surged through their veins, causing goosebumps to prickle up on their skin. Not to mention, it was beginning to get cold, and mobs were probably going to arise at any moment.

They wandered, but felt they were only getting farther and farther away from where they intended to go. Hand gripping their sword, they decided to attempt to try and climb a nearby tree to get some ground. While they wouldn't be in the best position for mob fighting up there, maybe they could at least figure out a direction that they should go in.

They could feel their heart pounding in their chest as they gripped branches one at a time, hoisting their body up enough so they could place their feet on one of the prior branches. Bark tore at their hands as they climbed up, but they tried to pay no mind to it.

They were about 15 feet up when they found a relatively large branch that they could lean on to support them, so they sat on it, tending to themselves before looking around. They could see the light of L'Manberg not too far away, but it still was quite a distance. They were sure to get caught by dangerous monsters and get seriously hurt before they got back. An exhale escaped their lungs as they tried to get comfortable in the tree. The best thing for them to do was sleep up there and wait until morning.

Just as they had calmed down and closed their eyes, they heard the sound of approaching footsteps. Panicking slightly, they grabbed the bow from their back, loading it up and getting ready to fire at whatever was approaching.

But, what emerged from the bushes wasn't a monster, but a man. Startled, they let go of their draw-back bow, causing the arrow to go flying out at the person. Luckily, it landed next to them rather than hitting them, and they looked up at the person who shot them.

Although it was dark, they could make out the outline of sunglasses.

"Eret...?" They called, sounding unsure as to whether the person was their friend or not.

"There you are. Wilbur sent me out to find you."

"Wilbur, huh?" They sighed. They weren't a huge fan of their leader, Wilbur Soot, since he seemed to make rather rash and chaotic decisions at times. Then again, he was probably best suited for the job.

They saw Eret nod, and they crossed their arms.

"I see. Well, I think I'm good."

"You don't seem like it," Eret said calmly, raising an eyebrow.

"Alright, alright. Maybe I got a little lost and freaked out."

A deep chuckle arose from the person on the forest floor.

"I had a feeling. After all, your sense of direction has always seemed to be quite poor."

They huffed, and started to climb down. They couldn't refute Eret's statement because it was very true.
When they got down, Eret approached them, placing a hand on their shoulder.

"Stay with me. I don't want you wandering off and getting lost again," Eret grinned.

They sighed, puffing out their cheeks in a pout.

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

Eret only chuckled, and turned around, starting a walk.

Although they would never admit it, Eret had helped them through so much, not just acting as their personal GPS at most points. Eret was kind, and always willing to listen if someone wanted to talk. They admired Eret for that, and always would.

They just hoped that they could stay together in L'Manberg forever

---

A little bit of foreshadowing to the fall of L'Manberg and Eret's betrayal at the end.

I love Eret way too much, they're just such a cool person and I look up to them a lot. Just a FYI; none of the stories I do with Eret will be romantic, and this includes coupling and x readers. This is because 1) they don't like it and 2) I see him as an older brother, as I've said before.

But anyways, Eret is kind of underrated imo and deserves more love because they are amazing

Love you all! ❤️