five.

georgia

i got out of my uber and slowly walked into the starbucks. anxiety was currently beating my ass but i had to get through it. i walked up to the cashier and ordered a pink drink and waited for it to be ready. while i was waiting i looked around, seeing if i could catch a glimpse of the brunette boy, who was once my best friend.

"here you go georgia, enjoy your drink."

i smiled at the cashier and turned around again, almost bumping into someone.

"oh my gosh i'm so sorry-."

i was interrupted by the person wrapping their arms tightly around my shoulders and my cup almost crushed. i furrowed my eyebrows, but once i caught a whiff of the familiar cologne he always wore, i returned the hug.

"looking buff jonas."

he chuckled and let me go, smiling at me brightly.

"god look at you, have you shrunk since the last time i saw you?"

i rolled my eyes and flipped him off walking over to a table in the back while jonah ordered his drink.

"so how have you been?"

he slid into the booth and placed his phone on the table, fiddling with the straw of his drink. he looked nervous and awkward; which made me nervous and awkward.

"uhm yeah, yeah good thanks jo, you?"

he nodded slightly and took a sip of his mocha.

"good yeah."

"that's good."

we fell into an uncomfortable silence and i sighed.

"what happened to us jo, we were never this awkward around each other, even when we first met!"

he frowned and furrowed his eyebrows.

"i honestly don't know g, it's just weird seeing you after two years. you've grown up so much."

i smiled slightly and playfully kicked his shin under the table. his phone rang and i saw a picture of zach pop up and i started to sweat.

i looked at him nervously and he shook his head, telling me not to worry. bit easy for him to say, he's never been cheated on.

he raised the phone up to his ear and i could faintly hear his voice on the other side of the phone. it sounded deeper, more huskier than it was the last time i heard it.

i briefly heard the conversation; something about him probably not being able to go to the studio later because he was sick. i chuckled to myself; sick my ass.

jonah nodded and hung up the phone, placing his attention back on me.

"sorry about that. the guys are at the studio, you wanna come down and see them all?"

i smiled and nodded.

"yeah sure."

he grabbed my hand and pulled me out to his car, opening the door for me.

"ah you always were a gentleman weren't you marais."

"don't get used to it george, it doesn't happen often."

i chuckled and we sped off to his studio, singing to the songs on the radio along the way.