fourteen.

zach:       trigger warning !! domestic violence

"where the fuck have you been?"

kay's high pitched voice rang out through the apartment the minute i opened the door, and i wanted to bang my head against it so i wouldn't have to listen to her.

"at the studio."

i mumbled and took off my shoes, flinging my keys on the mini table next to the door.

"are you lying to me?"

"no, the fuck?"

"because i spoke to jonah and he said they were at the studio with georgia, and you promised me you wouldn't see her again. so ill ask you again, we're you at the studio with georgia or are you fucking lying to me?!"

i sighed and rubbed my face.

"fine! okay yes, i was at the studio with georgia."

i saw fury flash through her eyes and she picked up the closest thing next to her; a vase, and threw it at me. i ducked just in time but some of the broken pieces pierced into my arm, causing it to bleed slightly.

"kay what the fuck?!"

"you promised me you wouldn't see her again zach! why would you make a promise if you weren't planning on keeping it?"

"well i didn't know she was gonna be at the studio did i?! i haven't spoken to her in two years!"

technically that was a lie, since i showed up to her apartment and asked if she wanted to come with me to the studio, but she didn't have to know that.

"okay. yeah i guess you're right. im sorry zach, i really am, but you know i get jealous around other girls because they're so much prettier than i am and you could leave me for them in a heartbeat."

she looked up at me with puppy eyes and i sighed, wrapping my arms around her body.

"it's okay love, but you shouldn't be jealous okay? i don't have eyes for anyone except you, i promise."

this was a daily occurrence. we would go out, some girl would smile at me, we would get home, she would yell, smash some stuff and then blame it on her insecurities.

she drained me. she made me unhappy. but i couldn't leave her. she needs me.

i pecked the top of her head and let her go.

"im gonna shower and then head to bed okay? you go up and i'll meet you there in about 10 minutes."

she kissed my lips briefly and ran up the stairs as i sighed and dragged my feet to the bathroom. i peeled off my shirt and examined the fresh cuts, and the scars from previous situations i had been in with her.

but she loves me. so i can't leave.