twenty two.

zach

2 years later

i tied my tie and slipped on my black suit jacket, checking my appearance in the mirror once more. i ran a hand through my hair, sprayed some cologne and put on my watch.

"hey man, you ready?"

i looked over at jonah who had a small smile on his face and i stiffly nodded, shoving my hands in my
pockets and walking out to the car.

"it's gonna be okay z."

jack, who sat beside me in the car, turned to look at me and patted my shoulder. i nodded at him and adjusted my tie.

"i just don't know if i'm ready y'know?"

"i understand bro, it's okay to feel that way."

the rest of the journey was silent as we pulled up to the church. i got out of the car and greeted everyone that was there, and hugged my mom.

"i love you zach, you're gonna be fine."

i nodded and a tear fell down my cheek.

"thanks mom, i love you."

"i love you too hunny."

she let me go and took reese's hand, bringing her into the church. i turned around to look at the boys and we all nodded, each grabbing a handle of the coffin, lifting it over our shoulders.

we place it at the front of the church and took our seats, mine next to my family and jonah. the priest began to talk and i couldn't help the tears from flowing down my cheeks.

it was my turn to make a speech and i took a breath before i walked up there.

"uhm, ok, hi for those of you who uhm, don't know me i'm zach herron, i was georgia's boyfriend. i was really dreading today because this is like an official goodbye y'know? whenever i'm at home, it's so, so quiet and i find myself hoping and praying that she's going to walk in any minute, with her bright laugh and infectious smile, but she never does. because she's gone. i was at the studio with the boys when i got the phone call about the car crash. it's good that they were there because i seriously think i would've lost it if i was alone."

i chuckled weakly and wiped the tears from my cheek.

"uhm, i miss you everyday g, and it's only gonna get harder. i love you george, rest in peace love."

i let out a sob and made my way back to my seat, my mom immediately embracing me in her arms.

she was gone, and i wasn't getting her back.

The End.