Chapter Twenty Nine

A week went by and the invitations were posted, just as promised. Mal stared at the invitation in her hand in shock. Somehow, it had been delivered to Ursula's Chip Shoppe rather than Maleficent's castle or the Underworld. Mal honestly suspected Harry had something to do with that, considering all four of the invitations were there. Speaking of those invitations...

"Wait a minute," Mal said slowly as she looked at the other envelopes. "None of these have your name on them Uma. Or your's Harry."

"Yeah we noticed that too," Uma nodded. "But who cares Mali? Boreadon wants you!"

"No, no, no, no!" Mal said, shaking her head. "I'm not going! Not if half my gang's left behind! I'm not going to leave you two here to defend the turt while I go to some boarding school filled to the brim with prissy pink princesses!"

"Mal, hang on a minute. Just take a moment to think this through," Uma said softly, looking thoughtful while Harry just looked at her like she was crazy.

"Uma there's nothing to think through!" Mal exclaimed, whirling around to face her. "You're my cousin! Harry's my crew! I won't leave you two behind! Especially just because Boreadon's asking-if they want me then why didn't they ask before?"

She looked through the invitations once more and scowled as she noticed one of the names on the envelopes.

"Look! This one's addressed to Blueberry! DeVil is tolerable since we put him under our protection but Blueberry? You really think Jay and I would rather leave you two behind and pal around with them?"

"Uma, really, how can you think this is a good idea?" Harry asked. "We'd be splitting the crew and Mal and Jay would be off in Boreadon without our protection."

"Because if you two would think for a moment, this is a chance to get through the barrier without having to battle all of Boreadon's forces! Hell, by the looks of things, they'll open it for Mal and Jay!"

"Oh joy they're letting four kids off the Isle," Mal said, rolling her eyes. "I've got you guys here and Hadie! I'm sure Jay would agree too, we're not going to Boreadon without you!"

"Mal, at the very least we need to go tell Uncle Hades about this. I think he should know."

"You'll have to drag me to dad then Uma, because I am never and I mean never going to Boreadon."

"Fine then," Uma said and grabbed Mal's arm and began to pull her out of the Chip Shoppe's back room. "Harry, grab the letters."

"What? No! Uma!" Mal exclaimed as her cousin began to actually drag her out of the restaurant, reminiscent of when they were seven. They may have had better access to food than most of the other kids on the Isle but they were still Isle kids-therefore Mal was fairly light for her age and Uma could drag her with ease, being a smidge taller. Harry could only laugh and do as he was told. Such a scene had become common on Hades' side of the Isle, so much so that no one really questioned it.

It helped that by now, Mal's crew basically ran Hades' side of the Isle with the help of the Warf Rats. The children on their side of the Isle knew by now that there was one rule you didn't break—don't question Mal's crew.

"Uncle Hades! We have some news we think you should hear!" Uma called over Mal's protests as they walked into the Underworld.

"What is it?" Hades asked, coming out of the kitchen as he'd been trying a new recipe for the restaurant.

"Dad, ignore her!" Mal shouted, struggling against Uma's grip but she had a grip like an octopus when she was determined. "She's gone insane!"

"Mal, while I care for you and your loyalty to us, I'm not insane. You're not thinking clearly about this," Uma told her before looking over at Hades. "It seems Boreadon is under new management or something. Mal and Jay have been invited off the Isle."